Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

peeing all the time? *update*

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, my ds(4) is in preschool and the past few days the teacher has mentioned to me that he has been going to the bathroom a lot lately. I've noticed an increase as well, like he just goes twice in 10-15mins. He does drink a TON of water at home, but at school I know he doesn't get much. I've asked him if it hurts when he goes potty. No. He doesn't have a fever. And if we are going somewhere where there isn't a potty, he breaks into hysterics (cue the waterworks).  I'm going to be calling the ped tomorrow morning to bring him in just in case it's a UTI. I know boys get them, just not as often as women.  I'm trying to figure out if it's maybe a control issue, he can't control anything except that he gets to go to the bathroom if he says he has to go.  He does do a bathroom dance when he has a bm coming (in and out in and out). 

I dunno. Anyone else dealing with something like this?

*I took him to our wonderful ped this afternoon after school. (I actually had to pick him up because they brought him to the nurses office).  DS doesn't have a UTI.  I talked to the ped for a bit and he said that some kids are just very very aware of the slightest pressure in their bladder and seem to constantly go. He also said that ds might not be emptying his bladder completely and to start having him sit to pee. This would help him relax, rather than doing a pee and run.  

Either way this is going to be fun to explain to the teacher monday.........."No he's not sick, he just thinks he has to pee all the time and is scared to have an accident."

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM
My first thought was UTI or bladder infection, but I'm curious about the being in hysterics if you are going somewhere without a bathroom. That's the thought I'd be pursuing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Never dealt with this.. I would ask my child's HCP. 

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Hope you get your answers, mama! 

SAHM927
by Lesly on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

My DD was doing that but she is much younger. I realized she wasn't emptying her bladder completely. Maybe he is being impatient and wants to get back to whatever he was doing without emptying completely?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)