Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Seven Sling and Plus Size Baby Wearing

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 21 Replies

I just got a Seven sling in the mail today and Im liking it, will take some time to get used to though. My son is almost 10 months and 18 pounds and it doesnt hurt my shoulder to use which i was worried about. Still want a different carrier but this will do till we can afford something else (all I had to pay was shipping for this)

Anyone else use a Seven sling? 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Got that exact same one and despised it. They are always "free", which shoulda told me something...I'm glad you like yours though, you're in the minority from what I hear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughterHugs
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

glad it works for you :)

keisha613
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I ordered one and it was okay I guess.  I don't think I was wearing it right in this position.  Baby was about 3 weeks old and I was trying to do the carry for newborns.  Poor baby.  I finally got it right a few tries later.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Really, ive heard alot of people saying good things about them. I only went and got it cause I was after the free udder cover for a friend and car seat canopy for my cousin. 

Quoting larissalarie:

Got that exact same one and despised it. They are always "free", which shoulda told me something...I'm glad you like yours though, you're in the minority from what I hear

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM

lol i felt sorry for my son while i was trying to get him in it right, poor guy doesnt like to sit still

Quoting keisha613:

I ordered one and it was okay I guess.  I don't think I was wearing it right in this position.  Baby was about 3 weeks old and I was trying to do the carry for newborns.  Poor baby.  I finally got it right a few tries later.

JMmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM
That is also what I have heard. I don't know if it has changed but when I went to check it out the shipping was outrageous for what they were shipping. My friend sent me hers but it wasn't the right size so I have not tried one myself. It seems very thin though.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Quoting LaughterHugs: glad it works for you :)

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I have one and I hate it.

It's comfortable for about 2 seconds - it's easier for me to just carry the baby.

Glad it's working for you though!

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

It's thin like a pillowcase.... maybe an ok carrier to keep in the car for an emergency, but definitely not one I would depend on for frequent use.

I think shipping is like $12 or something? When mine came the package was all ripped and it probably cost about $3 to actually ship it.

Quoting JMmama:

That is also what I have heard. I don't know if it has changed but when I went to check it out the shipping was outrageous for what they were shipping. My friend sent me hers but it wasn't the right size so I have not tried one myself. It seems very thin though.

Quoting larissalarie:

tnunley
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I have had 2, one for each kid, and both me and the babies hated it! Loving my moby though!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)