Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seven Sling and Plus Size Baby Wearing

Posted by   + Show Post

I just got a Seven sling in the mail today and Im liking it, will take some time to get used to though. My son is almost 10 months and 18 pounds and it doesnt hurt my shoulder to use which i was worried about. Still want a different carrier but this will do till we can afford something else (all I had to pay was shipping for this)

Anyone else use a Seven sling? 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Oh yeah, me too.. love my moby! And ergo.. and ring slings.. and MTs.. LOL! 

Quoting tnunley: I have had 2, one for each kid, and both me and the babies hated it!
Loving my moby though!

JaxMomma78
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I have such a bad back I really couldn't wear my baby much :( but seven slings was the most painful one I tried. Didn't even last 10 seconds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here, $12 my bum!!!
And they sent me the wrong size to boot, then refused to exchange, even though (admitted) mistake was on their side!
Finally they relented.and said they would exchange, IF I sent them all these pics of It, and a letter explaining everything.
Jumped through all their hoops, just to have the email denied because rep gave me wrong email address.
Accident? Doubt it!
I quickly invested in only *quality* carriers/companies after that!

Op, keep as a backup, but seriously invest asap....your body will thank you:)

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

It's thin like a pillowcase.... maybe an ok carrier to keep in the car for an emergency, but definitely not one I would depend on for frequent use.

I think shipping is like $12 or something? When mine came the package was all ripped and it probably cost about $3 to actually ship it.

Quoting JMmama:

That is also what I have heard. I don't know if it has changed but when I went to check it out the shipping was outrageous for what they were shipping. My friend sent me hers but it wasn't the right size so I have not tried one myself. It seems very thin though.

Quoting larissalarie:

Got that exact same one and despised it. They are always "free", which shoulda told me something...I'm glad you like yours though, you're in the minority from what I hear

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Hasnt bothered my back yet. Wore it most of the day. We cant afford any of the high quality carries like I want cause we are only living on 1600 a month and with two boys and car repairs and every thing else i could never afford one and all the second hand shops never have any. 

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Same here, $12 my bum!!!
And they sent me the wrong size to boot, then refused to exchange, even though (admitted) mistake was on their side!
Finally they relented.and said they would exchange, IF I sent them all these pics of It, and a letter explaining everything.
Jumped through all their hoops, just to have the email denied because rep gave me wrong email address.
Accident? Doubt it!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

It's thin like a pillowcase.... maybe an ok carrier to keep in the car for an emergency, but definitely not one I would depend on for frequent use.

I think shipping is like $12 or something? When mine came the package was all ripped and it probably cost about $3 to actually ship it.

Quoting JMmama:

That is also what I have heard. I don't know if it has changed but when I went to check it out the shipping was outrageous for what they were shipping. My friend sent me hers but it wasn't the right size so I have not tried one myself. It seems very thin though.

Quoting larissalarie:

Got that exact same one and despised it. They are always "free", which shoulda told me something...I'm glad you like yours though, you're in the minority from what I hear

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Is that the one u were wearing at the zoo?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I have one and I hate it.

It's comfortable for about 2 seconds - it's easier for me to just carry the baby.

Glad it's working for you though!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaughterHugs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM

you know you can make your own woven wrap for 12 bucks using 4.5m of osnaburg fabric from walmart?

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I think so. That was before I got my boba.

Quoting peaches_04:

Is that the one u were wearing at the zoo?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I have one and I hate it.

It's comfortable for about 2 seconds - it's easier for me to just carry the baby.

Glad it's working for you though!

VintageWife
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM

My kids preferred wraps to slings. I also have a Boba.

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I got a beautiful ring sling at Once Upon a child for $15, after selling some of my stuff I brought I only paid $6 for it. 
I would keep looking around on craigslist, or  second hand children's stores. 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Hasnt bothered my back yet. Wore it most of the day. We cant afford any of the high quality carries like I want cause we are only living on 1600 a month and with two boys and car repairs and every thing else i could never afford one and all the second hand shops never have any. 

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Same here, $12 my bum!!!
Accident? Doubt it!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting larissalarie:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I have one and hated it. Glad you are having good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)