Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Mail!!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM
  • 21 Replies

I got Gabe's baltic amber necklace in the mail today! I'm very excited :) The color isn't as extreme as I thought it would be, and the beads are smaller than I thought they would be, but I'm still very pleased with it and hoping it helps with Gabe's teething when his next teeth come in.

I also got my soap nuts sample, and the nuts smell weird to me, but I'm excited to try them and order more if I like them :)

I also got my Seven Sling. I am not as pleased with this. The last one I ordered was a size 4 and barely fit around my shoulder and under my boobs by itself. But the idiot that I am forgot to exchange it within the right timeframe, so I couldn't get a bigger size. I decided to try again, and went up 3 sizes (to a 7) and now it's a little too big. It works, and I'm not sure if I'm going to get a smaller size because with my luck that will be too small. So I'm hoping when Gabe gets bigger, it will work a little better. And hopefully in the meantime I can find a ring sling at a thrift store. I really want a ring sling.

Now, my next package is 11 alvababy diapers and a wetbag. Hopefully that will be here soon, because I'm looking forward to that the most!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NowImAMom...
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I'm being ignored :(

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I love getting packages in the mail!! 

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Yay for amber necklaces! And fluff mail is the best. Post pics when you get the fluff! :)

kaysumomma
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Mail is fun!!

What are soap nuts?

NowImAMom...
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Of course!

Quoting schultzal:

Yay for amber necklaces! And fluff mail is the best. Post pics when you get the fluff! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM
They're a dried fruit that release soapin, which is a natural cleaning agent. It's a natural laundry detergent. If you go to the Hazelaid website it has a really good description/explanation (:

Quoting kaysumomma:

Mail is fun!!

What are soap nuts?

kaysumomma
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds awesome. I'll check it out!

Quoting NowImAMom...:

They're a dried fruit that release soapin, which is a natural cleaning agent. It's a natural laundry detergent. If you go to the Hazelaid website it has a really good description/explanation (:

Quoting kaysumomma:

Mail is fun!!

What are soap nuts?

danichaos
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Awesome!
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM

If you haven't found a ring sling yet, they are SUPER EASY to make if you have access to a sewing machine.  Go online to "Maya Wrap" and they have the plans right there on their website.  I found the correct size ring (nice and heavy-duty) at Lowe's.

:)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

seven slings SUCK, non adjustable slings generally suck IMHO

YAY for cloth diapers and teething necklace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)