Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

sleeping problems

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

ds is 3.5 and has some sensory issues so night time is always a battle for him. dd is 16 months and for the most part has always been a good sleeper. (they do share a room) she recently got rotavirus that lasted for 3 weeks. before she got sick she would take a nap at 12:15-2/2:30 then got to bed at 6:30 and sleep till 7. when she got Rota most of her throwing up happened after she went to bed. i think she got used to waking up in the middle of the night. she has been better for 2 weeks now and every day/night we have had the same sleeping problems. she still takes her 12:15-2/2:30 nap but at bed she fights it for at least an hour. then every night she wakes up at 3am. she use to co-sleep with us but wont do that anymore and only wants to be rocked and eat pretzles. any ideas or natural "remidies" to help her fall and stay asleep?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
larissalarie
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM
15+ hours of sleep per day sounds like a lot. My youngest is 1.5 and sleeps 11 hours at night and a 1-2 hour nap.
She's probably just still off from being sick and also probably catching a growth spurt too, but if it's not better in another week or two, maybe try cutting back on how much she's sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM

i have thought about cutting back the amount of time she sleeps but by noon she is beyond tired. then when 6:30 hits she is tired but fights sleeping

Quoting larissalarie:

15+ hours of sleep per day sounds like a lot. My youngest is 1.5 and sleeps 11 hours at night and a 1-2 hour nap.
She's probably just still off from being sick and also probably catching a growth spurt too, but if it's not better in another week or two, maybe try cutting back on how much she's sleeping.

larissalarie
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Yep that's pretty inevitable stuff when they have to transition to less sleep. It takes a couple of weeks when they are in the habit of sleeping at a certain time.

Quoting rmgriffberg:

i have thought about cutting back the amount of time she sleeps but by noon she is beyond tired. then when 6:30 hits she is tired but fights sleeping

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Yep that's pretty inevitable stuff when they have to transition to less sleep. It takes a couple of weeks when they are in the habit of sleeping at a certain time.

Quoting rmgriffberg:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM

When well.. lots of time outside, exercise, and fresh air helps my children.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Oh, and limiting sugar.. LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)