Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

PP depression or normal?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and now I can't stand to be hugged or touched in any way.  I could feel myself cringing and I felt so uncomfortable when my so tried to cuddle with me. I won't even let my so cuddle or kiss me whats my problem right? I know its not normal behaviour from me as I'm normally a very cuddly person especially with my so and family but i feel like its normal. Has anyone else felt like this? I cant explain it at all frown mini

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:56 AM
I am four weeks postpartum and sometimes feel the same way. Between breastfeeding and all of the time I spend holding and wearing the baby, I feel quite tired of being touched by the end of the day. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Are you nursing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Is this your first baby? Are you breastfeeding?
It's probably just a strange reaction to suddenly being a Mom and constant physical contact with baby.

That being said, it's not a bad idea to call your doctor and tell them what's going on. If it is PPD I think catching it early is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Are you breastfeeding? I found hormonally I do this when I frst start BFing because its just too much touch for me.

I think this is normal, but I would practice breathing exercises and work on allowing SOME touch

alyssa.janaye
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM

This is my first and no im not breastfeeding.

NowImAMom...
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I'm not sure. I felt/feel the same way sometimes. As others have said, it might have to do with being in constant contact with the baby, and not having any time to not be touched by anyone. Or, it could be ppd/ppa, I haven't really tried to find out if I have that, so it wouldn't surprise me. I'm no help lol

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Holding the baby all day can make you touched out.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Normal.. mothers are wired to be focused on their newborns and to shut out 'distractions.' 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN