Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

anyone suffer from anxiety disorders?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 31 Replies

Hello,

I suspect that I may have been struggling with anxiety.  I started reading up on it a bit, but i wanted to know your opinions. What are some natural ways to treat anxiety?  I heard vit B is one way, and I have been doing that. I also heard that St. John wart, calcuim are other ways as well.  Any other suggestions?

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Yes and yes I use a vit b complex. It really does help! I only take it once a day unless I feel myself getting overwhelmed. Then I pop another. I rarely have meltdowns now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Also my vit has some calcium and some folic acid as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Also my vit has some calcium and some folic acid as well.

what kind do y ou use? Its is absorble? I have calcuim, and my vit B has folic acid, but then I heard that folic acid can contribute to depression....is that true?

Also, do you get dizziness with anxiety?

larissalarie
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Yep and I exercise daily. Twice I've had to go on medication short term to get it under control. I'm intrigued by this vitamin B thing though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting larissalarie:

Yep and I exercise daily. Twice I've had to go on medication short term to get it under control. I'm intrigued by this vitamin B thing though.

I was reading this morning that anxiety in women can be linked to hormonal changes etc, like after having a baby. After having my third I had is severely! So my midwife game be absorbably vit B, which I would take whenever I felt anxious, and I also was taking my placenta capsules which helped too, (huge difference when I didn't take both). Anyways, here is an article I found, it talks about vit B and calcium and how it supports the nervous system: http://www.casapalmera.com/articles/6-natural-ways-to-treat-anxiety/

VintageWife
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I'm not sure.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I have major anxiety issues about money and my mother, I was diagnosed with Generalized anxiety disorder in college and was given Buspar(I think it was)und when I eat healthy, do some deep breathing I am better.  I do still have panic attacks here and there and my anxiety has been known to cause severe sleep issue.  Last pregnancy I was so stressed I cant even describe how frantic I was all the time.  I didnt take anything for my anxiety, except healthy eatting

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I have major anxiety issues about money and my mother, I was diagnosed with Generalized anxiety disorder in college and was given Buspar(I think it was)und when I eat healthy, do some deep breathing I am better.  I do still have panic attacks here and there and my anxiety has been known to cause severe sleep issue.  Last pregnancy I was so stressed I cant even describe how frantic I was all the time.  I didnt take anything for my anxiety, except healthy eatting

Imeet with a group of moms for bible study and in the beginning we do a deep breathing exercise....I think it seems to help.

hillybean1985
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM
I have struggled with it for the past 10 yrs, i had not heard of vit b, im curious about it though. I have found regular excersize and sun light help (i wonder if the vitamin d from the sun helps calcium absorbtion and thats y it helps. Also calming teas like camomile or sleepy time tea helps a little, breathing and calming excersizes. It does 100% cure it but it has given me some improvement. If you are so overwhelmed where u experience panic attacks that interfer with ur ability to care for urself or children mayb see a homopath or theapist?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Trailerparkmom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Yes, I have bad anxiety, and have had it my whole life.  Deep breathing works for me when I am sort of anxious, but if I am really bad it doesn't work as well.  I will need to try some Vit B.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN