Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I feel like the only one :( vent

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like the only person in "real" life that doesn't practice CIO :(  My cousin posted this FB status: 

Does anyone else have a marathon crier at night? "Cry it out" or "extinction" methods state that a baby may cry 20 or possibly 45 min before falling asleep. Our babe has no issue with crying for 1.5-2 hours before we go check on her. Is C the only one who actually cries this long at night?

Every person that has responded to it so far with advice on various other CIO methods...  I feel so bad for this baby!  She's an avid BabyWise follower as well, scheduling feedings 4 hours apart before 3 months while breastfeeding.  When she complained about having a fussy baby then, everyone just told her to give cereal in a bottle *sigh*  As much as I try to help educate her, in a kind matter, everyone else keeps reinforcing the Babywise type methods

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Replies (41-46):
stormystar15
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I'm so glad that everyone I know that has a baby so far doesn't do CIO. Vaccines are another story and that only irritates me because they do it just because it's the "norm" and haven't researched it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I don't understand how anyone could practice CIO without feeling like the biggest piece of shit. I can't handle hearing babies cry. I get physically uncomfortable. My instinct tells me to make it better when a baby cries. I wouldn't put that instinct aside because a book tells me to.

I mean, if it goes against everything your instincts tell you, how could you force yourself to do it? At what point do you trust yourself? At what point does one say, "Humans have been doing this baby thing for centuries without the Babywise teaching them. I probably don't need it, either."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Khelmoria
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM

People are really ignorant when it comes to babies. I am sorry she won't listen. my cousin is about to have a baby and I just want to knock her on the head and take over till the baby is like 10!

MamaCeleste0722
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I'm right there with you. I think some of you know that I have twins. I belong to a mothers of multiples club and most everyone in my club sings the praises of Babywise, CIO and insist that you MUST nurse on a schedule.  I did none of those things, I nursed them to 3 1/2 and 4 1/2, didn't do CIO, *despise* Babywise and nursed on cue. I'm probably the only one in that club that did those things. 

Well, recently, a mother in our MOM's group just had her twins a few week ago. She was talking about sleep training them and that one of her twins wants to be held. I wanted to scream "OF COURSE HE DOES!! HE'S A BABY!!" 

So frustrating. 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Neglectful!

Quoting doulala:

Holy cow, that is AWFUL.

:-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I don't know any one else in real life that doesn't CIO but  me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN