Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Juice

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

Juicy Juice says it is an all natural 100% juice but it also says it is a flavored juice blend from concentrate with other natural flavors and added ingredients.

Contradictory not? Help me understand!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM

What's in the ingredient list?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
"natural" is not a regulated word, it means nothing, just a marketing ploy. You could slap a "natural" on a bottle of hfcs and get away with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I wouldn't trust juicey juice but that's just me. We don't give juice. As a treat my dd gets apple cider straight from the organic farm. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Plus I believe juicy juice is Nestlé anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting jellyphish:

??Something wrong with Nestle ?? Wait maybe, I don't really want to know...but tell me anyway.

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Natural doesn't mean organic. It just means that it doesn't contain chemicals or preservatives. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my, where to start?
Child labor, something about them wanting to buy and deplete the great lakes, illegal marketing, and they kill babies. They give samples of formula to mothers in third world countries where clean water is scarce, the mothers dry up and can't nurse and their babies die because they can't afford formula at all and/or over dilute it to the point where it's not substantial enough. I honestly don't know a lot about nestle and the boycott, but I know enough to want to avoid Nestlé.

http://www.greenamerica.org/programs/responsibleshopper/company.cfm?id=269

responsibleshopper.com is great resource for learning about the ethics and practices of companies.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting jellyphish:

??Something wrong with Nestle ?? Wait maybe, I don't really want to know...but tell me anyway.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Comforting! <scarcasm>

Quoting jellyphish:

Oh my, where to start?
Child labor, something about them wanting to buy and deplete the great lakes, illegal marketing, and they kill babies. They give samples of formula to mothers in third world countries where clean water is scarce, the mothers dry up and can't nurse and their babies die because they can't afford formula at all and/or over dilute it to the point where it's not substantial enough. I honestly don't know a lot about nestle and the boycott, but I know enough to want to avoid Nestlé.

http://www.greenamerica.org/programs/responsibleshopper/company.cfm?id=269

responsibleshopper.com is great resource for learning about the ethics and practices of companies.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting jellyphish:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)