Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Any VBAC mamas?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm new here. My name is Marilyn, i'm the proud mom of 2 girls, and i'm pregnant with my 3rd baby who is also a baby girl and due on April 2nd. I had c-sections with both of my girls for non-medical reasons that I wasn't educated enough about at the time. My oldest was breech and my 2nd was just a repeat csection because my OB does not do VBACS. This time i'm seeing a midwife and am planning on having a VBA2C at home. My OB is not supportive of it at all and so I don't think I will be seeing him anymore. I don't want to end up having another csection unless it is completely necessary, in which most cases it isn't. I don't feel like being suckered into it anymore...no way! 

Anyway, just curious to know if there are any other VBAC mama's here and if you'd be willing to share your experiences. 

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here! 

babies

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a VBAC hopeful (due the first part of January 2013), so I'd love to hear VBAC experiences as well!

lundaylove
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had two vbacs. My first was a traumatic experience at a military hospital with the on call ob who was pissed that I refused to have a repeat csection and it was right before Thanksgiving and he was impatient.....my 2nd was an unassisted birth at home. Amazing amazing experience. Complete opposite of the first vbac and I recommend home birth for vbacs over hospital ones for so many reasons now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my VBAC at home. It was amazing.
Congrats, and good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KSK0811
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a VBAC hopeful. DD was born August 2011 and I'm expecting our son April 2013.

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I have had 2vbacs. Great experiences. My section was medically necessary, but 2 other births were different and did not require a section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maliya0608
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Nice to see I'm not alone :)

Thanks ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a hospital vbac with my second. Good luck mama, its a wonderful experience!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Marilyn, I had a VBAC with my 2nd baby.  I'm sure you will find a lot of good information here.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Marilyn!

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM

We do have some vbac moms here who will be happy to share!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)