Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heavy Metal Detox

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

So a few months ago Christian had the prick at the drs office for his lead level. It came back high and I have been fighting his ins company for blood work. They want his to go to a general lab I want to go to the children's hospital. I went to the general lab for him once and they made my baby a pin cushion. We go back in Dec for a follow up and they are going to reprick him.  I want to do a heavy metal detox to see if that will help.  I have no clue where to start. Anybody do this? DId it help? WHat did you use? Christian is 19 months old if that makes a difference. 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

No experience with it.. BUMP. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Thanks for the bump :)

Quoting catholicmamamia:

No experience with it.. BUMP. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

You're welcome.. sorry I am not more help! 

Quoting JoJoBean8: Thanks for the bump :)
Quoting catholicmamamia: No experience with it.. BUMP. 

ruby_jewel_04
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I've wondered about doing one for my family as well! BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I have no personal experience with it, but I have read a lot about it in this book: Healing the New Childhood Epidemics. You'll want to look for a practitioner that does Chelation Therapy.

That book is a great resource, with a lot of insightful information on the treatment.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Are you still nursing? are YOU doing the detox or baby?

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Still nursing. I was going to have everyone do it. I didn't know of the results were a fluke or not since our house is 100+ yrs old. Dd had it done when she was young and it was negative but we had only lived here 4 months. Christian has been here since conception.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Thank you.

Quoting schultzal:

I have no personal experience with it, but I have read a lot about it in this book: Healing the New Childhood Epidemics. You'll want to look for a practitioner that does Chelation Therapy.

That book is a great resource, with a lot of insightful information on the treatment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM

NO detox for you, it will put the metals into your breastmilk..BAD idea!!

Do you grow any of your own foods? My friends had an issue because lead was in the water and in the ground around their house so even playing in the yard wasnt safe from lead poisoning

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Still nursing. I was going to have everyone do it. I didn't know of the results were a fluke or not since our house is 100+ yrs old. Dd had it done when she was young and it was negative but we had only lived here 4 months. Christian has been here since conception.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)