Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Is he psychic or does he have an active imagination?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  • 43 Replies
I'm asking this in this group because it seems like there are a lot of mamas in this group who are in touch with non mainstream thinking.
My soon, as in on Wednesday, 3 year old has started seeing "spookies". During Halloween, to make him not afraid of the decorations in stores, I would point out the decorations and call them "spookies". I did it with an upbeat voice and made it a fun game to find them.
Since Halloween, he has started seeing spookies in the house. He will focus on something and tell me where they are. He gets genuinely scared and won't stay in the room he sees them in. I've been kinda thinking he was being imaginative.
But now, we are visiting my grandmother and he is seeing them here in her house.
I believe in psychic abilities. I had a lot of experience with being somewhat psychic as a kid. I never told my family about it though because I knew it was "weird". The only thing I would tell my family about were dreams that would come true or about involved family who had passed away. I've been able to describe family members who I never met, except in my dreams.
There is a lot more than that, but this would turn into an epic novel of a post.
What do you all think? Is this just an age appropriate stage he is going through or is he really seeing people?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lurion
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Very common for a 3 year old, especially if he has a mommy who is also in tune. 

They aren't usually scared of them at that age, though; it's usually a beautiful thing when they're seeing loved ones or guardians. Do you think he's scared because he's learned he should be, or are you afraid he's attracting lower vibrational "bad" spirits?

If they're the lower level ones, you may need to do some saging and teach him to put up energetic shields so they don't bother him. 

maria1613
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM
From what I've heard. Its not uncommon. I've read that as kids get older they're usually less likely to see things/people but it's quite common for kids of that age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hfaddis
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM

It is quite common with kids of that age to be able to notice spirits, out of my 3 boys my older 2 have already shown they can they are 4.5 and almost 3. my youngest is to little for me to know for sure yet, but as their dad and I have both also dealt with these experiences our entire life and still do I won't be surprised if he can as well. But as far as him being scared of them, like Lurion said, do you think it's because it's something new and different to him and that is why, or that he's seeing things with well a negative vibe? Since it just recently started it may just scare him because it's something he has never dealt with before.

hfaddis
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM

oh and just one more thing, please don't just write off what he says. (Not saying you would at all just speaking from what happened to myself) My mom always blamed it on me having an active imagination, or saying i snuck to watch a scary movie or something even though i avoided them like the plague, they had lots of people Pray over me and so on because they thought it was all my imagination. She didn't come to understand it was more then that till a couple of years ago actually when my oldest child started noticing them for the first time. Hugs, and good luck!

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM
My son has seen "things" almost since birth he just can't express it yet. He gets totally freaked out! I actually don't let him around certain things because it seems to make it worse. I found out there was a severely abused child who lived here before us and I believe he connects with that child sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Is it possible he's dehydrated?

hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Honestly, I don't think he is seeing loved ones. I believe that there are old spirits at both houses. My grandmother has believed that there has been a spirit at her house since they bought it on the 40's. At our house, the spirit is also old. I have never seen either for them, but they have made their presence known.

Quoting Lurion:

Very common for a 3 year old, especially if he has a mommy who is also in tune. 

They aren't usually scared of them at that age, though; it's usually a beautiful thing when they're seeing loved ones or guardians. Do you think he's scared because he's learned he should be, or are you afraid he's attracting lower vibrational "bad" spirits?

If they're the lower level ones, you may need to do some saging and teach him to put up energetic shields so they don't bother him. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I try to get him to drink throughout the day. There are days where he is stubborn about drinking.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Is it possible he's dehydrated?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Aww, poor child. That is horrible!
When we lived on base housing in kansas, there was a guy who died in vietnam who had lived in our house with his family. He definitely made contact with me, I was 4 at the time.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

My son has seen "things" almost since birth he just can't express it yet. He gets totally freaked out! I actually don't let him around certain things because it seems to make it worse. I found out there was a severely abused child who lived here before us and I believe he connects with that child sometimes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I have heard that also. Where children are more in tune with what is around them. I can definitely say, that "weird" experiences are happening less with me as I age.

Quoting maria1613:

From what I've heard. Its not uncommon. I've read that as kids get older they're usually less likely to see things/people but it's quite common for kids of that age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)