Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I am due in May & I want an all natural childbirth. I signed up for bradley classes. They start in January & I have read Ina May Gaskins guide to natural child birth. Do you ladies have any suggestions or advice for doing it the natrual way? I am afraid I will give in a get the epi bc I know its there! With my DD who is 7 I was young and got an epi and had no complications.. she came quick and easy. I am afraid my thoughts will revert back to that time and "how easy it was"

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Replies (11-17):
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Bradley Method is great! 

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I would recommend hiring a doula.. :o) 

doulala
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

You should probably not birth where there are epidurals I'd say!  ;-)

Avoiding that setting is generally safer anyhow, so really worth serious consideration...

Natural birth can be pretty easy/painless, but setting will be a first consideration, again.     

Trailerparkmom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:50 AM

homebirth, having lots of ways to cope with labor pain ready so you can pick which ever one works at the time.

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Once I was in la or an epidural never crossed my mind. I had a midwife and they knew i would not be having any pain meds. I never complained about the pain. I just stayed within myself and let my body do the work. It's hard to describe but having a drug free birth was pretty easy for me. I'm also quite stubborn. Lol. Finals avoided the bed like the plague. At home and at the hospital's birth center I just paced and paced. I had been pacing for about 12 hours by the time my daughter was born. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM
If you are having a hospital birth, get a doula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:09 AM

What about a birthing center where they dont have epi's available.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN