Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birthing on Camera... Live...for all to see...

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM
  • 30 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hi! I'm a mother, lactation consultant, doula, & childbirth educator passionate about mothers & babies just like you.

My hubby & I have some BIG news! We are excited to announce that we have been given the opportunity to bring awareness about natural childbirth & inspiration to mothers across the world in

a huge way! To show how beautiful & empowering birth can be we will be LIVE streaming video of our BIRTH online. Yup, I just said I will be birthing my baby at home & the world will be able to watch it live! A national childbirth education company, is making this first of its kind event possible. This cause is close to my heart. Giving women birth options, educating & empowering women during the childbearing years, and bringing awareness to the treatment of women and infants in childbirth, including the overuse of drugs and interventions, and lack of informed consent, is a basic women's rights and human rights issue. So this is not to be a "Show Off" but to bring awareness to what birth can be, make a difference in the birth movement, and to also bless MANY Valley women in the long run with more options by bringing an amazing Maternity, Birth, & Wellness Center here to my area. There is a bigger picture here other than showing off my adorably cute baby #4 ;)!The reality is, when you feel called to do something you're passionate about, sometimes you have to be brave to make the biggest impact! :)

If you would like to join the event page so you can follow along & to read more about our mission please message me. I dont think I am allowed to post links here?

I could use all the support! Thanks!

Nicole

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Fun i dont see why you cant post a link in here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:40 AM

That's awesome! I watched a live homebirth (birthing center i think actually) a while back. I don't see why you couldn't share a link though. It pertains to this group's topic.

heathermarie27
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM
I would love to see something like that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cbreland07
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:56 AM
That is awesome! I wish more woman understood the reality behind home birthing instead of the scare tactic stories you so often hear!
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Yes! Share the link.
Very brave of you!!!!!
Trailerparkmom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:53 AM

are you affiliated with Brio Birth?

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I was just going to ask the same question.

Quoting Trailerparkmom:

are you affiliated with Brio Birth?

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I could never do but that's awesome that you are!

SAHM927
by Lesly on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Quoting melindabelcher:

Yes! Share the link.
Very brave of you!!!!!

fairygirl_13
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Yes they are. Be very careful and *I* advise not donating to this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)