Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

FAM or NFP moms?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hey everyone!

First off, Happy Thanksgiving!

Second I have a question.  I use to chart my cycles, the cm, cervical position, and temps. I no longer do temps, and we are using FAM. My cycles have been pretty consstantly 30ish days (give of take a day or two), but never under 29.  Anyways, a few months ago we got pregnant....dont' kinow what I did wrong, and then miscarried. Well my lmp was November 10th. WE had unprotected sex on sat 17 and sun 18.  On the 19th i didn;'t notice an cm, but then yesterday (wed 21) I noticed a LOT of ewcm, and the normal signs of ovulation such as sore nipples and bloating.  Is that possible to go from no cm to ewcm or did I miss something?  And what is going on where I'm ovulating so early?  I think maybe we can't do FAM anymore, and DH is so disappointed because he HATES condoms :(

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Hmm. Ovulating that early would make for a super short cycle. I am not practicing FAM yet but I am almost done reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. Did you check your cervix to see if it shows signs of ovulation? I notice a lot of EWCM a few days after sex sometimes even though I have not had a post partum period and am not ovulating yet. I am not sure what it is since I can't imagine is would still be fluid your DH 3 days later.... Hmm. Guess I am not much help.....sorry!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting MissSarah04:

Hmm. Ovulating that early would make for a super short cycle. I am not practicing FAM yet but I am almost done reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. Did you check your cervix to see if it shows signs of ovulation? I notice a lot of EWCM a few days after sex sometimes even though I have not had a post partum period and am not ovulating yet. I am not sure what it is since I can't imagine is would still be fluid your DH 3 days later.... Hmm. Guess I am not much help.....sorry!

Iknow huh?!!? I was thinking to that maybe its left over from sunday, but then I started getting all the other ovulation symptoms too. I wonder though since I was dry before then if I wasn't fertile (since sperm can't live where its dry) or maybe I didn't even notice it before. IThis is all just not very normal for me to ovulate so early and to have no cm before ovulation.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

you know, I wonder if the last time I vbled was not a period. When they did an ultrasound in October they found an ovarian cyst.....so maybe that threw off my cycle? Anyone know anything about ovarian cysts?

sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Since having dd, I only have ewcm - none of the leading up to it cm. And I ovulate early, like within a week of my period ending now.

Don't know much about cysts, but I would think that could throw it off.
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Thats definitely something to think about. I don't know anything about ovarian cysts but I wouldn't be surprised if it threw off your cycle.

Quoting Precious333:

you know, I wonder if the last time I vbled was not a period. When they did an ultrasound in October they found an ovarian cyst.....so maybe that threw off my cycle? Anyone know anything about ovarian cysts?

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quoting sreichelt26:

Since having dd, I only have ewcm - none of the leading up to it cm. And I ovulate early, like within a week of my period ending now.

Don't know much about cysts, but I would think that could throw it off.

ok, so its in the range of normal, just different for me.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I do think my hormones are all over the place right now too. I thought I did ovulate last month (early as well, but within my somewhat normal range), but now that I think about it I didn't have as strong symptoms of ovulation as I normally do.

Quoting MissSarah04:

Thats definitely something to think about. I don't know anything about ovarian cysts but I wouldn't be surprised if it threw off your cycle.

Quoting Precious333:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Your cycle could be messed up due to your mc. I know my cycle is all sorts of crazy because of bf. My body will act like it's going to o. I get all the signs but it doesn't happen. Really frustrating.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

It is possible.. especially if cycles are still regulating after birth/loss/etc. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM
even ifthe mc was only at 5 weeks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)