Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hey everyone!

First off, Happy Thanksgiving!

Second I have a question.  I use to chart my cycles, the cm, cervical position, and temps. I no longer do temps, and we are using FAM. My cycles have been pretty consstantly 30ish days (give of take a day or two), but never under 29.  Anyways, a few months ago we got pregnant....dont' kinow what I did wrong, and then miscarried. Well my lmp was November 10th. WE had unprotected sex on sat 17 and sun 18.  On the 19th i didn;'t notice an cm, but then yesterday (wed 21) I noticed a LOT of ewcm, and the normal signs of ovulation such as sore nipples and bloating.  Is that possible to go from no cm to ewcm or did I miss something?  And what is going on where I'm ovulating so early?  I think maybe we can't do FAM anymore, and DH is so disappointed because he HATES condoms :(

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Replies (11-17):
Juniper53098
by June on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Any time you have a hormonal change, your cycles can change.  So, any pregnancy, no matter how long, can affect it.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM
ok thanks. I am not sure which day I ovulated on since I had ewcm for three days. The first day I had it the most. I guess we will see for sure next friday.....which would be the latest I ovulated.

Also we decided to go back to the diaphram.

Quoting Juniper53098:

Any time you have a hormonal change, your cycles can change.  So, any pregnancy, no matter how long, can affect it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM
My MC was early too and my cycles are still messed up several months later. Cysts also often cause annovulatory bleeding. I have cysts all the time. So basically if you didn't notice any other signs of it being a period then it wasn't. This is why I prefer to temp as well. With a period I get a clear drop off in temp. With other bleeding my temps will vary widely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yes. 

Quoting Precious333: even if the mc was only at five weeks?

Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

My MC was early too and my cycles are still messed up several months later. Cysts also often cause annovulatory bleeding. I have cysts all the time. So basically if you didn't notice any other signs of it being a period then it wasn't. This is why I prefer to temp as well. With a period I get a clear drop off in temp. With other bleeding my temps will vary widely.

I think I may wake up too often at night to make that work. Inot only wake up, but I get up several times for various reason.  But Ido know what you mrean about temps being improtant. We got pregnant with my third child because I thought I had already ovulated, but it turned out it was delayed and I didn't know because I had lost the thermometer.

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM
I get up a lot too. How long are you up? Cuz I've realized that going to the bathroom isn't long enough to change my temps. Idk. Its not perfect but it is another aspect and helps

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

I think I may wake up too often at night to make that work. Inot only wake up, but I get up several times for various reason.  But Ido know what you mrean about temps being improtant. We got pregnant with my third child because I thought I had already ovulated, but it turned out it was delayed and I didn't know because I had lost the thermometer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I have three kids, one of them who sleeps in my bed, the other two in their rooms. Sometimes they do sleep through the night, other times I may have to get up, get waters, get them to the bathroom, or cuddle with them in the night. Also, I'm night weaning my youngest who is in bed with us, so sometimes he would be awak for a LONG time :(

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

I get up a lot too. How long are you up? Cuz I've realized that going to the bathroom isn't long enough to change my temps. Idk. Its not perfect but it is another aspect and helps

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN