Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I need some okay.....alot of help!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:54 PM
mel
  • 22 Replies
1. Any advice on the best/healthiest way to prep meals in the hotel? all we have is a microwave and mini fridge. My mother in law will make meals a couple times a week but I'll still need to do all lunches and 2-3 dinners a week.
2. Ive got to get ellie sleeping in a pack and play. Several reasons A. The state requires it. I have to sign a waiver agreeing to have her sleeping in our own crib, if anything happens or I refuse to sign it we forfeit all state assistance. B. The full size bed isn't large enough to sleep in with me, dh and her. For now she won't sleep unless shes in my arms or in her car seat so ive put her seat in the pack and play, she went to sleep easily and I'm hoping she'll get used to the pack and play and eventually be able to sleep without the car seat. I think the incline of the seat helps her sleep better anyways with the reflux.
Any other ideas to help her transition?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1. I donno. Can you make cold meals? Like tuna salad and the like?

2. Can you get a cosleeper and side car? Or side car the p&p and put her in the bassinet part if it has one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Yes, salads! I can do that. Im going to start writing things down cause my memory is totally shot right now.
It does have an infant top. I'll put that in tommorow. She can crawl and started pulling to standing today so I'll have to be careful. I do have the pnp right against my bed and the car seat facing so as soon as she wakes up she can see me

Quoting jellyphish:

1. I donno. Can you make cold meals? Like tuna salad and the like?

2. Can you get a cosleeper and side car? Or side car the p&p and put her in the bassinet part if it has one?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

do u have a crock pot?

You can make alot of things in the crock pot...

salsa chicken... just put in a chicken breast or two...cover with a jar of salsa and let it cook. when its done it will shred with a fork, serve over instant rice cooked in the microwave...

or if you dont like salsa.... cover the chicken in pasta sauce.

you can do mac & cheese, mashed potatoes... soups & stews using leftovers... you can do chili.... brown the beef at your MILs and then cook it in the crock pot with beef, kidney beans, tomato sauce & a small can of tomato paste....

you can cook chicken breasts with some seasonings in the crock pot & then shred to make chicken salad, u can use that for sandwichs or serve over a regular salad.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
1) sandwiches, oatmeal, cook in a crock put

2) maybe put a pillow under the mattress on the "head" end.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherh610
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
1. A single or double electric burner is an easy fix for this... or a griddle or George Foreman type grill...and the crock pot is a great suggestion too. Pinterst is FULL of crock pot recipes.
2. I would sidecare the pnp as best as you can. Lay her in your bed to fall asleep, then move her but dangle your arm into her pack and play so that she can still have a "touch" of skin to skin contact if she stirs. I would also prop one end of the matress up for herreflux. Do you have more than just the mat that comes with the pnp? They make awesome matresses that fit most pnps and are quite affordably priced...this one piece matress would be easier to prop than a folding standard pbp one, and I imagine is more comfy (as it is more cushioned).
Hope you find a solution that works for you (and that nosy state...I get their "concern" as the try to cover their own arses, but find it so redic that they get such a say in your sleepibg arrangements. Grrr).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

1- Crockpot, indoor/outdoor grill (if allowed), grilling at nearby park, raw meals.
2- What about a co-sleeper so it is a separate space but baby still near mama?

alteschulemom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I stayed in a hotel a lot a few years ago.  Crock pot is the best way to do it.  The fridges are tiny and prep space is nill.

I looked up various recipes and bought what I needed that day.  We used paper plates, cups, silverwear, everything (I know not very earth conscience but you do what you have to do to get by).  Also, I used the Reynold's Crockpot bags.  That way I didn't have to worry about washing the crockpot, just throw away the bag.  The hotel we stayed in had only one small sink and it was the bathroom sink as well so I couldn't do dishes in it, there was no way to plug the drain.

We made tea in the microwave and kept it in the fridge in our regular tea pitcher.  We kept lunch meat and veggies int he fridge, as little as possilbe as space is a huge issue.  I used the dresser that the tv sets on as stoarge for dry goods such as breads, cereals, and such. 

I can't offer any help on any thing else.  Sorry.

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a boppy? Ethan always liked sleeping cuddlein that in the crib.
Crockpot!!!! And definately get the liners. And then get some cheapo plastic bags to store leftovers because that takes less space than Tupperware
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the Crockpot idea. Also you might be able to find some cheap plug in burners to cook with pots and pans.

Lots of fresh fruit and veggies, tuna or chicken salad, sandwiches. One pot Crockpot meals like stews would be easy and inexpensive (meat, potatoes, veggies). Chili, soups with rice, spaghetti.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Great idea on the ziploc bags!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Do you have a boppy? Ethan always liked sleeping cuddlein that in the crib.

Crockpot!!!! And definately get the liners. And then get some cheapo plastic bags to store leftovers because that takes less space than Tupperware
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)