Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some okay.....alot of help!!!!

1. Any advice on the best/healthiest way to prep meals in the hotel? all we have is a microwave and mini fridge. My mother in law will make meals a couple times a week but I'll still need to do all lunches and 2-3 dinners a week.
2. Ive got to get ellie sleeping in a pack and play. Several reasons A. The state requires it. I have to sign a waiver agreeing to have her sleeping in our own crib, if anything happens or I refuse to sign it we forfeit all state assistance. B. The full size bed isn't large enough to sleep in with me, dh and her. For now she won't sleep unless shes in my arms or in her car seat so ive put her seat in the pack and play, she went to sleep easily and I'm hoping she'll get used to the pack and play and eventually be able to sleep without the car seat. I think the incline of the seat helps her sleep better anyways with the reflux.
Any other ideas to help her transition?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Replies (21-22):
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:00 AM
I didnt even know they sold microwave steamers. We got bag steamers from target.
Great idea sleeping with the sheet

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Get a microwave steamer, I have one and it's great for steaming veg in the micro. They also have micro rice cooker.  It's not going to be like on the stove, but it's at least an option. 

Put her in the P&P during the day a few times, if she has 'babies' put them in there with her. My dd will only sleep if she has her babies with her.  If you can make sure that the blanket or sheet in there is familier smelling. Sleep with it for a few nights so it smells like mommy, it might help if she smells mommy. 

Good Luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

My DS has always slept in a pack n play if not with me.  Hopefully baby transitions easily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)