Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Car seats

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 16 Replies

We've had two infant car seats given to us, but we don't need them both. They have not been in any car accidents, i asked. So we're trying to decide which one to use.

I looked up their safety stats and they seem to be similiar in quality as far as that goes.

One is a Baby Trend Flex Loc

The other is a Graco Snugride32

Which would you use and why?

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Try posting this in the car seat safety group, also Those ladies know a lot about car seats.
Unfortunately, I do not know much so I don't have an opinion, sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outstandingLove
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Quoting hapababies:

Try posting this in the car seat safety group, also Those ladies know a lot about car seats.

I did. :-) In fact, i didn't even mean to post it here. lol

hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Lol :D

Quoting outstandingLove:

Quoting hapababies:

I did. :-) In fact, i didn't even mean to post it here. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I used the snugride until i switched to a convertible seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I would do Graco, but that's only because I have two family members that swear by Graco. 

MommaTasha1003
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM

May want to keep the other just incase.... With ds we dont have this problem cuz hes with me 24/7... But dd would go with grandparents a few hrs on the weekend so they had their own carseat.. at one point DD had 3.. My car, my moms car & MIL car just cuz we never knew which car she would be in..

outstandingLove
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

May want to keep the other just incase.... With ds we dont have this problem cuz hes with me 24/7... But dd would go with grandparents a few hrs on the weekend so they had their own carseat.. at one point DD had 3.. My car, my moms car & MIL car just cuz we never knew which car she would be in..

We have decided to keep both, but we've also decided to use the Graco as our primary.

we hope to get a second car at some point, so instead of switching out carseats all the time it would be easier to just have two. Also, it would be nice to have one as a back up just in case.

We have doubles for all the kids tho so i'm starting to feel like we have too many. Two boosters for DS. Two convertibles for DD, and now two infant seats for the unborn. lol

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:08 AM
That's what I was going to suggest

Quoting outstandingLove:

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

We have decided to keep both, but we've also decided to use the Graco as our primary.

we hope to get a second car at some point, so instead of switching out carseats all the time it would be easier to just have two. Also, it would be nice to have one as a back up just in case.

We have doubles for all the kids tho so i'm starting to feel like we have too many. Two boosters for DS. Two convertibles for DD, and now two infant seats for the unborn. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Quoting jconney80: That's what I was going to suggest.
Quoting outstandingLove: We have decided to keep both, but we've also decided to use the Graco as our primary. We hope to get a second car at some point, so instead of switching out carseats all the time it would be easier to just have two. Also, it would be nice to have one as a back up just in case. We have doubles for all the kids tho so i'm starting to feel like we have too many. Two boosters for DS. Two convertibles for DD, and now two infant seats for the unborn. lol

luvmylilbean
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you check the expiration dates? If the dates are both good I'd go with the Snugride. We loved ours for dd1 and got another for dd2 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)