Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

NFP while breastfeeding

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

is this going to complicate things? I just got my cycle back...and am trying to figure this out. I obviously want to avoid getting pregnant this cycle so what should i start with?

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sreichelt26
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Taking Charge of Your Fertility has a chapter on this. We also used condoms when we really don't want to get pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I have NFPed while breastfeeding after the births of all of my children.. getting my cycle back (around twelve months post partum) was always a relief because it made observing and charting my fertility signs so much easier! 

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM

It can be complicated but not necessarily. Have you done nfp before?

My cycles come back right away PP and are regular from the beginning so it's pretty easy. Many women have very irregular cycles during BFing so it can be a lot more difficult.

Definitely recommend getting a copy of Taking Charge of your Fertility. fertilityfriend.com is another great resource.

Magnolia7
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I think once your cycle comes back that makes it a bit easier - now there's something to track!  I would be more conservative  during this time until you get back into your rhythm.  For me, I was more regular after having my son than before.

lifeforchrist
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

No i haven't so im trying to figure it out. Ive only had one cycle so no clue if i will be irregular or not.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

It can be complicated but not necessarily. Have you done nfp before?

My cycles come back right away PP and are regular from the beginning so it's pretty easy. Many women have very irregular cycles during BFing so it can be a lot more difficult.

Definitely recommend getting a copy of Taking Charge of your Fertility. fertilityfriend.com is another great resource.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN