Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Scream bloody murder when you put diaper and clothing on them? He is 4.5 mo old and just started doing this about ten days ago. He flails and kicks and screams, but It's too cold to let him run around naked! He also just recently started waking up every two hrs at night again which I just assumed was the 4 mo wakeful period, but now this clothing tantrum stuff...ugh
Lactating Loon. "Every child has the potential to be the light of the world"
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-19):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:33 AM
No screaming but ive got a little stripper
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby5678
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Yep. Little honey hates diaper changes and putting clothes on. The ONLY thing that helps is when I have the little girl I look after come stand over her and act goofy to distract her. They love each other. She also still wakes up a few times a night still. She's 11 months

mommy_jessika
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM
This my son is 16months and wooh he puts up a fight

Quoting BridgetMc:

My almost 10 month old fights diaper changes and wardrobe changes. She hates getting dressed and kicks and flails and screams. It lasts until one of us wins (usually me, thankfully) them she's fine once she's dressed.

justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Mine hates clothes. Recently, I'll sing the ABCs or count and it distracts her long enough for me to change her diaper or dress her.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:27 AM

YEP my kiddos like being naked so when we get them dressed the first year or so they throw fits lol

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Does he have eczema? OR a rash that could bother him more with clothing on?

lactatingloon
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Nope nothing topical that would bother him I've given him a once over.
NolansMom0711
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM

my son did the same thing. now i give him a toy or something to distract him everytime i change him. seems to work good

TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Ds hated laying on his back. ot wasn't really the clothes- it was the laying flat. I started laying him on this super soft chenille blanket he has and loosely wrapping him in it while I dressed him. He looooved the feel of it on his skin. He would smile and wiggle to feel it more. It ended our struggles. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)