Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mother's take on my intact baby boy

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 2 sons who are circumcised, but decided during this last pregnancy that i absolutely would not circumcise my new little guy.  My mother has made it clear that she thinks it's disgusting & even told me that he would grow up to hate me.  I pretty much just ignored the comments b/c arguing with her would accomplish nothing.  Solomon was born this past Thursday (my little turkey baby!!).  Mom has the flu & hasn't met him yet....On the phone last night, I was telling her all about the labor & delivery and said, "Oh and by the way, his penis is , quite frankly, adorable".  She says, "Oh, I'm so glad you decided to circumcise him!"  When I told her he was still intact, she actually suggested he would grow up to need therapy!!  Seriously?!  How ridiculous is that??

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
rfurlongg
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Different generation, different mindset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lactatingloon
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Bahaha!!!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

WOW thats nuts! I mean my boys are circed and I dunno if we will ever do it again, I dont WANT to, and even though I think noncut peni look different and kinda strange to me because thats all I had ever seen for YEARS AND YEARS I would not say your son will hate you and need therpay.  Hell if he dislikes it so much he can have it cut later on!

mylovey
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Sounds like how my MIL feels about keeping our son intact. Some people hold some really strange and inaccurate views. 

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM
What your fiancé's mom said is so terrible it actually kind of amusing. Some people have very strange ideas of what child abuse really is. I was walking with my 9month old a few weeks ago and some lady told me that he was going to catch his death without mittens on and that I was cruel person who shouldn't be trusted with babies. I decided not to tell her that the only reason he didn't have mittens on was because he had soaked them up with baby slobber five minutes after we had walked out the door.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Congrats on the boy, sorry about your mom. I went through a ton of shirt right before my oldest was born and till he was released from the NICU (born preterm). Luckily I followed my gut and said no with both of my sons and their (circed) father didnt fight me on it. 

If anything is going to lead to therapy it will be getting circed, my fiance the father of my boys is cired was as a baby even though he was practically a micro preemie. Honestly when I first started talking about it he had no idea what the difference was and didnt know he was cired :(  no one ever talked to him about it. He was so upset about it and that they gambled with his life. Its part of the reason he is in therapy now and has no relationship with his parents. Oh and they called my a bad mom for not having our oldest done and threatened to take him from both of us cause if it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Tell your mother it's gross for her to be thinking so much about someone else's baby's penis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

lol ya some things are amusing, I got flak all the time over the summer for letting my baby stay in a diaper all day and night. 

Quoting polkaspots:

What your fiancé's mom said is so terrible it actually kind of amusing. Some people have very strange ideas of what child abuse really is. I was walking with my 9month old a few weeks ago and some lady told me that he was going to catch his death without mittens on and that I was cruel person who shouldn't be trusted with babies. I decided not to tell her that the only reason he didn't have mittens on was because he had soaked them up with baby slobber five minutes after we had walked out the door.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Congrats on the boy, sorry about your mom. I went through a ton of shirt right before my oldest was born and till he was released from the NICU (born preterm). Luckily I followed my gut and said no with both of my sons and their (circed) father didnt fight me on it. 

If anything is going to lead to therapy it will be getting circed, my fiance the father of my boys is cired was as a baby even though he was practically a micro preemie. Honestly when I first started talking about it he had no idea what the difference was and didnt know he was cired :(  no one ever talked to him about it. He was so upset about it and that they gambled with his life. Its part of the reason he is in therapy now and has no relationship with his parents. Oh and they called my a bad mom for not having our oldest done and threatened to take him from both of us cause if it. 

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Completely ridiculous! Sorry she is not more knowledgeable and supportive.. :o(

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:53 AM
Im sorry shes so rude.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)