Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My mother's take on my intact baby boy

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 2 sons who are circumcised, but decided during this last pregnancy that i absolutely would not circumcise my new little guy.  My mother has made it clear that she thinks it's disgusting & even told me that he would grow up to hate me.  I pretty much just ignored the comments b/c arguing with her would accomplish nothing.  Solomon was born this past Thursday (my little turkey baby!!).  Mom has the flu & hasn't met him yet....On the phone last night, I was telling her all about the labor & delivery and said, "Oh and by the way, his penis is , quite frankly, adorable".  She says, "Oh, I'm so glad you decided to circumcise him!"  When I told her he was still intact, she actually suggested he would grow up to need therapy!!  Seriously?!  How ridiculous is that??

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
VintageWife
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM
The problem with those is that there is not a hospital around here that does it anything like the videos show.

Quoting hillybean1985:

I highly recomeend u play her one of those youtube videos that show babies actual reaction to circ'ing.. that would change her mind real quick if she loves ur boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM
She is too funny. Hopefully you can ignore those comments and just love her-oh grandmas:)
doulala
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I don't think it helps to discuss this subject with her, I don't think you need to bring it up...

But congrats & GL!

ImNotKarl
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

My family thought it was weird at first, when we decided to keep my son intact, but they didn't say much beyond thinking it was weird, partially because they were horrified that I was having a natural midwife assisted birth in a birth center. They thought I was going to go into shock and die or something. Now they don't even think about his penis, which is as it should be. It's his penis after all.

MissRN
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I was against it with DS but DH insisted, things went poorly at the hospital and i hadnt researched it a lot beforehand figuring i could just say no and dh would get over it, i didnt count on being super sick and not able to fight it. I still feel awful about it and he's now 2. We are pregnant again and all I can say is hopefully LO is a girl so that we don't have to cross those waters right now. DH feels that all of our sons now 'have' to be because DS is. 

MyIslandGirls
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Why did she think he was circ'ed?  can't she tell the difference? I think you should of let her think he was circ'ed, if she can't see the difference!! lol

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM

My mom told me a penis that isn't circ'd is disgusting O.o

almondpigeon
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Quoting MyIslandGirls:

Why did she think he was circ'ed?  can't she tell the difference? I think you should of let her think he was circ'ed, if she can't see the difference!! lol

Lol...this was a conversation we had before she got to see him in person
gamelas
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I only hope that I can have a son someday to irritate my family :)  My SIL's all have boys (3) and all of them are cric'd.  My one SIL decided she wasn't going "couldn't" do it because of all the reasons we all believe in.  Then 3 weeks PP she had terrible PPD and anxiety and she went in and had it done. because "she couldn't handle the way it looked"  That hurt me more than jsut be commited to doing it because I KNEW she made that decesion under duress.  I would jsut tell you family that you aren't amputating your sons penis for their comfort in life and tell them not to bring it up EVER again or discuss it with the child

gamelas
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Side post.....  :)  For those of you with intact kids and a cut husband would your DH try this?  http://www.tlctugger.com/

I know the guy who started this.  He is an intactavist in my area.  It's not an "un-do" of the circumcision (and absolutely not a reason to circ a kid thinking it can be "un-done", but it does restore some protection, sensation, function and the look of an intact guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)