Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My mother's take on my intact baby boy

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 2 sons who are circumcised, but decided during this last pregnancy that i absolutely would not circumcise my new little guy.  My mother has made it clear that she thinks it's disgusting & even told me that he would grow up to hate me.  I pretty much just ignored the comments b/c arguing with her would accomplish nothing.  Solomon was born this past Thursday (my little turkey baby!!).  Mom has the flu & hasn't met him yet....On the phone last night, I was telling her all about the labor & delivery and said, "Oh and by the way, his penis is , quite frankly, adorable".  She says, "Oh, I'm so glad you decided to circumcise him!"  When I told her he was still intact, she actually suggested he would grow up to need therapy!!  Seriously?!  How ridiculous is that??

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (41-43):
MyIslandGirls
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Nope.  My husband chose to be circ'ed almost 2 years ago (next month) so i doubt he'd do a replacememnt therapy thing.

I am still kinda miffed at him for getting circ'ed... I did tell him to get a 2nd opinion.. but he didn't. he just went along with what the doctor said... and the doctor said that getting circ'ed would be the best idea to fix his issue.

acrylicmom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

your mom needs help.

I DO IT IN A DARKROOM..... ;)

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Oh wow! She must not understand what circumcision actually entails. My DF is circumcised and when he found out what was taken from him, he was NOT thankful!
Congrats mama on your little turkey boy! :) :)

My DH feels the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)