Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Co sleeping mama's, I have a question for you!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM
  • 32 Replies

We currently cosleep with our DD of 19 months. I am in no hurry to get her out of our bed, we feel that she will go to a big girl bed when she's ready.

I'm just curious when that happened for you? When did your LO(s) move from the family bed to their own?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Ages 6-8ish. 

larissalarie
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I always tried laying mine down in their own beds to start the night (didn't always happen, lol) and then in mine after they woke when I was asleep. So they didn't need a transition, just happened naturally as they STTN.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Isis was kind of a unique situation in that we didn't co sleep with her until close to two years, plus she had to deal with some pretty heavy stuff. Bearing that in mind, she was in my bed until shortly after four, even then I had to entice her with a new bed and special toys/pillow. She still crawls into bed with me every so often at five years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My kids moved themselves before then.  I have a friend who still cosleeps with her 2 yo on occasion.  Well before her daughter moved out of the bed, she bought a toddler bed, put dora sheets on it (the little one's favorite character), and it was there for when she was ready.  One day, for naptime, she climbed up into her own bed with a book, and fell asleep.  She's been sleeping in it off and on since then.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM
We moved both of them at 19-24 months. They stayed in our room until 24-30 months. We kinda followed their leads. They still come and hang out in our bed in the mornings occasionally. They both night weaned at around 18-19 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:26 PM
My DS is only 7 months. I'm hoping he moves around 4. My MIL still cosleeps with my 14 yo Sil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM

With my oldest he went from our bed to his crib at a year (once in awhile would end up back in ours) and then at two transitioned to a toddler bed in our room and then just after 3 moved to his own room on his own although that was cause he was tired of baby brother waking him up lol

VintageWife
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FionasMommie
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Yeah, I think I'll need to night wean her soon, she still nurses 2-3 times a night.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

We moved both of them at 19-24 months. They stayed in our room until 24-30 months. We kinda followed their leads. They still come and hang out in our bed in the mornings occasionally. They both night weaned at around 18-19 months.

CafeMom Tickers
hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM
My first son went into his own crib when he was 13 months old. He turned into the Tasmanian devil in his sleep and I was not getting any sleep. He was fine with the transition. He slept through the night in his bed until his brother was born when he was 19 months old. Since then he will come into my bed in the wee early morning.
My youngest son has slept in my bed since the night he was born until now, which he is 16 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)