Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Safe to take?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:17 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have a horrible toothache... horrible.

I only have 500mg of Tylenol that I got from my parents house. I'm 8 weeks pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.J.Fulton
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:20 AM
And you have toothache already?? Goodluck! I don't take anything for mine, only got them from about 32 weeks...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:22 AM
My whole family has bad teeth. They are soft and no later what we do they chip and break. I'm trying to find a way to finance dental implants.

Quoting Mrs.J.Fulton:

And you have toothache already?? Goodluck! I don't take anything for mine, only got them from about 32 weeks...
BlessingsMama
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:25 AM
It's safe and that dosage is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM
It's fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM

its fine, but if you want to help ease the pain naurally take a white onion, grate it, pack it around the tooth and then stuff your mouth and cheak with some paper towel to keep the onion in place.  keep it in as long as you can stand it.

i have had three different people do this and it cleared their toothache up within an hour!

VintageWife
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I love onion and I have the same problem she does so I'll try this next time. Tooth pain is the only time I allow myself non-natural meds cause the pain is just too much to mess with.

Quoting tansyflower:

its fine, but if you want to help ease the pain naurally take a white onion, grate it, pack it around the tooth and then stuff your mouth and cheak with some paper towel to keep the onion in place.  keep it in as long as you can stand it.

i have had three different people do this and it cleared their toothache up within an hour!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

i have also seen people mix in some minced garlic, but have never had anyone i know try it.  it couldnt hurt!

Quoting VintageWife:

I love onion and I have the same problem she does so I'll try this next time. Tooth pain is the only time I allow myself non-natural meds cause the pain is just too much to mess with.

Quoting tansyflower:

melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep you can take 2 of those dosage
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM

That's fine just no Ibuprofen.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Safe.. and I am the same as vintagewife with pain! 

Quoting VintageWife: Tooth pain is the only time I allow myself non-natural meds cause the pain is just too much to mess with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)