Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
2-3 years ago when our life was stable, owned a home both working full time making around $100,000yr I wanted kiddos dh really didn't.

Now in a hotel/shelter, making around 25,000yr I don't want kids but dh does, badly!

we dont like condoms but if he wants it he has to strap up. He sees no problem. He says we already have cloth diapers, plenty of clothes from the current 3 and I bf so theres little to no costs for close to 2yrs (pregnancy-1yo)

Ive been having vivid dreams and flash thoughts about another child about being at the birth center for prenatal appointments, images of me pregnant. I think its from all the anxiety about this. Doesn't help theres a new mama pregnant on here almost every day lol

I dont agree with hormonal birth control and I'm selfish!!! I dont want my period back! so I don't want to go on bc but I dont think I have much of a choice anymore.

I need to book an appointment!!!
ETA-i do want more kids but I just think it would be irresponsible to allow another pregnancy right now. And it's hard to hear dh desperately want another and knowing I should trust God but Im just not there yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
melindabelcher
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM
We're ok.
Marcus counseling got pushed back by 2 weeks because we changed counties. Hoping it will get started next week

Quoting JaxMomma78:

BTW, i was thinking of you, how is your situation? is it getting better?  are you finding the help you need?

cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM
What about the doctor visit costs?
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Would you need another carseat? Can it fit in the car you have?

Just curious, how to you handle the cloth dupes at the hotel? Laundry mat?

Sorry it's stressing you!
melindabelcher
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Likely in the next 6-12mo our lives will be much better.
Ideally I'll have a job and we'll be in a 2-3bdrm apt.

Quoting peaches_04:

Do you see your conditions improving anytime soon?

melindabelcher
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Exactly.
Our car is a 5 passenger so we'd need a minivan which will consume the saved money for the apartment.
We are currently on state insurance but I believe it'll be switching to his private work insurance but the state would be covering a portion of it.
Yah its a huge lifestyle change! I'm hoping in a yr our lives will be stable he'll have about a yr left of school and that will be a much better time to discuss more kiddos

Quoting larissalarie:

How does he figure it costs nothing? Is he planning on letting the tax payers pay for your birth and prenatal care?

I mean most people living on $25k don't have fabulous all inclusive private insurance.

maureen813
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM
You are living in a Shelter and making a quarter of your previous income, are you kidding? I can not imagine why anyone would consider another child? I am a clinical therapist working with children and families, if you have any health insurance, please consider seeking couples counseling as you both really need to sit down and work on why your reality testing is so poor.
melindabelcher
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:01 AM
We're switching to flats that i'll wash in the tub then use the drier at the hotel

Quoting cemcnair:

Would you need another carseat? Can it fit in the car you have?

Just curious, how to you handle the cloth dupes at the hotel? Laundry mat?

Sorry it's stressing you!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:22 AM

HUGS momma, I think you are being logical...and hubs I think may just be wanting soemthing for sure to look forward to, if that makes sense.  He knows babies are wonderful and a postitive thing and it gives him something to look forward to for the future.

Make a deal with him about WHEN another one could be discussed like when you move out on your own...

melindabelcher
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Thats a great perspective!
Thankyou
Any idea which bc will be least likely to restart my period?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HUGS momma, I think you are being logical...and hubs I think may just be wanting soemthing for sure to look forward to, if that makes sense.  He knows babies are wonderful and a postitive thing and it gives him something to look forward to for the future.

Make a deal with him about WHEN another one could be discussed like when you move out on your own...

larissalarie
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM
At least you are thinking clearly!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Exactly.

Our car is a 5 passenger so we'd need a minivan which will consume the saved money for the apartment.

We are currently on state insurance but I believe it'll be switching to his private work insurance but the state would be covering a portion of it.

Yah its a huge lifestyle change! I'm hoping in a yr our lives will be stable he'll have about a yr left of school and that will be a much better time to discuss more kiddos

Quoting larissalarie:

How does he figure it costs nothing? Is he planning on letting the tax payers pay for your birth and prenatal care?

I mean most people living on $25k don't have fabulous all inclusive private insurance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN