Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2-3 years ago when our life was stable, owned a home both working full time making around $100,000yr I wanted kiddos dh really didn't.

Now in a hotel/shelter, making around 25,000yr I don't want kids but dh does, badly!

we dont like condoms but if he wants it he has to strap up. He sees no problem. He says we already have cloth diapers, plenty of clothes from the current 3 and I bf so theres little to no costs for close to 2yrs (pregnancy-1yo)

Ive been having vivid dreams and flash thoughts about another child about being at the birth center for prenatal appointments, images of me pregnant. I think its from all the anxiety about this. Doesn't help theres a new mama pregnant on here almost every day lol

I dont agree with hormonal birth control and I'm selfish!!! I dont want my period back! so I don't want to go on bc but I dont think I have much of a choice anymore.

I need to book an appointment!!!
ETA-i do want more kids but I just think it would be irresponsible to allow another pregnancy right now. And it's hard to hear dh desperately want another and knowing I should trust God but Im just not there yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Replies (21-23):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Pregnancy has put me in SUCH a positive place, its kinda strange in a way becuase I have been in a depressive negative place off and on for a while lol.

UMMMM Paragard IUD didnt restart my period, had no hormones and fertility returned immediately after I had it removed...that is if you are ok with an IUD.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Thats a great perspective!
Thankyou
Any idea which bc will be least likely to restart my period?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HUGS momma, I think you are being logical...and hubs I think may just be wanting soemthing for sure to look forward to, if that makes sense.  He knows babies are wonderful and a postitive thing and it gives him something to look forward to for the future.

Make a deal with him about WHEN another one could be discussed like when you move out on your own...

cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM
That's rather rude!!!

Quoting maureen813:

You are living in a Shelter and making a quarter of your previous income, are you kidding? I can not imagine why anyone would consider another child? I am a clinical therapist working with children and families, if you have any health insurance, please consider seeking couples counseling as you both really need to sit down and work on why your reality testing is so poor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KSK0811
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I think you are thinking about this more realistically than your DH. I love that you have a positive outlook about things being different in a year. I hope the same for my family. My SO and I have a 15 month old and are expecting a boy in April and I'm the only one working right now. He's filling out job apps daily, but 0 yet. I would love to have more children, but not until we get on our feet. **Hugs**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)