Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

No more co-sleeping :'(

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 17 Replies

My almost 7mo doesnt want to co-sleep anymore i try to nurse her in my bed and get her to fall asleep but the second shes done nursing she only wants her own bed in her own room :( As soon as i enter her room she puts her fingers in her mouth and the second she hits her bed she grabs her blanket and is ready for bed! Now im stuck cuddling with my body pillow.

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural feeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, catholic momma of 2 wonderful girls

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this
:(
Part of natural parenting is meeting babies needs, which your doing. way to go mama
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jnw2992
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I just miss my baby wanting to be with me 24/7 she still doesnt want anyone else and will scream if anyone else including my husband holds her but bedtime is her time alone now :( whats wrong with cuddling with mommy!

Quoting melindabelcher:

:(
Part of natural parenting is meeting babies needs, which your doing. way to go mama

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural feeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, catholic momma of 2 wonderful girls

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Mine youngest wasn't much older when he got that way too. It's sad at first, but you'll quickly get used to it and enjoy the more relaxing sleep :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Dont be sad that means you have a very satisfied baby, you should be happy and proud of your self :) 

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Aww... It's always sad when the baby stops cosleeping!

jnw2992
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I know i just miss her needing me 24/7 now she only needs me when shes awake

Quoting amazzonia:

Dont be sad that means you have a very satisfied baby, you should be happy and proud of your self :) 

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Aw but you never know it may be a phase and could change, like you know when you get used to not sleeping with baby lol. But you have a satisfied happy baby and that is all that matters. 

hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I was going to say the same thing. My son was completely happy to sleep in his bed when he was 13 months old. That lasted for about 6 months, and then he started coming into my bed in the wee early morning. He is now 3 and sometimes he comes into my bed and sometimes not.
My 16 month old is a snuggle monster and I'm going to go through a tough time when he doesn't want to bed share anymore.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Aw but you never know it may be a phase and could change, like you know when you get used to not sleeping with baby lol. But you have a satisfied happy baby and that is all that matters. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

My 6 week old cannot co-sleep at all. She will nurse, then fall asleep, then wake up right away and squirm and fuss and flail her arms at me until I swaddle her and put her back in her own bed. I'm hoping she will sleep in our bed when she is a little older. It would make night-time feeds so much easier. But if she doesn't... oh well... :-/

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I couldn't imagine! :'( my LOs would sleep with me for forever if they could. My youngest is still in bed with me at 14 months. It could just be a phase like others said though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)