Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My almost 7mo doesnt want to co-sleep anymore i try to nurse her in my bed and get her to fall asleep but the second shes done nursing she only wants her own bed in her own room :( As soon as i enter her room she puts her fingers in her mouth and the second she hits her bed she grabs her blanket and is ready for bed! Now im stuck cuddling with my body pillow.

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural feeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, catholic momma of 2 wonderful girls

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Replies (11-17):
PoodleMum
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM

My first decided she liked her own bed around a year old, she probably would have wanted one sooner but I wasn't ready lol. 

VintageWife
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I'm sorry :( See, your AP'ing has allowed her to become independent on her own time!

one_on_the_way
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Did you introduce her to her own bed at this point?  I can only assume you have....otherwise she would not know there is any other option but to co-sleep. So, while it may be an emotionally difficult time for you, I can guess it is not a surprise as you must have exposed her to the option of having her own bed.  A 7 month old doesn't just 'know' she has the option to sleep alone unless she is exposed to that possibilty for herself.  Right? (I could be wrong)

jnw2992
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:47 AM

She started taking naps in her room because it was the safest way since i was unable to take naps with her since i have a 3 1/2 yo i didnt feel comfortable leaving her in my bed alone so she was in her crib during the day and in my bed at night cause she still wanted mommy now she just wants her bed

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Did you introduce her to her own bed at this point?  I can only assume you have....otherwise she would not know there is any other option but to co-sleep. So, while it may be an emotionally difficult time for you, I can guess it is not a surprise as you must have exposed her to the option of having her own bed.  A 7 month old doesn't just 'know' she has the option to sleep alone unless she is exposed to that possibilty for herself.  Right? (I could be wrong)

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural feeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, catholic momma of 2 wonderful girls

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM

SOme kiddos are like that, they learn independence and thats what they want, their own space.  My 3rd son was like that he ended up wanting to come nurse in the middle of the night and then fussing til he was put back in his bed..once walking he would get up on his own come to me and then go back on his own after nursing lol

Freckles0808
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM

My son has never like cosleeping.  We put him in his own room at 4 months old just to try something different b/c none of us were getting sleep.  From then on, he has slept 100x better.  We are out of the country now and were forced to be in a hotel for 3 weeks.  My ds (who is 16 months old now) screamed practically all night b/c he didn't have his own space.  We moved to an apt, and he is back to sttn.  He just likes his own space.  It makes me sad, too.  :(

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM

sad for you but that's good for her that she can comfort herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)