Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Husband in pain

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 9 Replies

My husband saw a new chiropractor and he has a pinched nerve now, C6 & C7.  His shoulder hurts and down his arm.  He has some pain meds the doctor gave him but it's just masking the problem.  How can he get this nerve not hurting??

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Go and see the old one or one that the old one recommends.  Leaving it that way will just do more damage. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Bump
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM
What frumpy said
Also, does he have a slipped disk or anything like that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Quoting jellyphish:

What frumpy said

no I don't think he has a slipped disk.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Quoting FrumpyMama:

Go and see the old one or one that the old one recommends.  Leaving it that way will just do more damage. 

He has been seeing the old chiropractor who he loves but it just gives him short term relief.
Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Different chiropractor.

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quoting Sarah725:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

He has been seeing the old chiropractor who he loves but it just gives him short term relief.

He might need to see a physical therapist and learn some exercises to help strengthen the muscles in the area. There's a lot of unused muscles near c6 & 7 and strengthening them can help hold the bones in place.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Find a good massage therapist.

He can also lay on the floor on his back, pillow under his knees, nose pointed straight up- this puts the spine in perfect alignment.
Put 2 tennis balls in a tube sock and tie it. Put the balls under the base of his skull, he'll know it's in the right place because his head won't roll off when his nose is pointed up.
Then he can just lay there. The balls massage a bunch of neck muscles that attach there, and it also creates traction/space in his cervical vertebrae (neck disks).

If its uncomfortable on his muscles, that's a good sign the position is helping. If there is pain nerve wise though, this probably isn't good for him.

Quoting Sarah725:

Quoting jellyphish:

What frumpy said

no I don't think he has a slipped disk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM

It took a while for my pinched nerve to work itself out...I think basically pinched nerves are time..wish I was more help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)