Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Last minute freak out.

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 30 Replies
I'm due in 2 weeks and totally getting anxiety about having a hospital birth. I have a solid birth plan that my doc is on board with, a great dh, not going to the hospital until transitional labour, but im just freaking out! I don't want to be there! I have NO midwives in the area, the closest ones are 3 hrs away, and I don't think it's responsible to decide last minute with no extensive research to do an unassisted birth. The hospital is great and baby friendly, I had m dd there. I just don't know why I'm so anxious. My doc is amazing... But left for vaca and I have a new girl whom I've met once delivering. Sorry to ramble.

I swear my stress is putting off labour. Can anyone ease my fears? Good hospital stories!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I've had 3 hospital births, only one was kinda negative.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 out of 3 were good hospital experiences here. The one bad experience was because I was not prepared and didnt think I needed to be.
I had great midwives and a very natural friendly hospital the 2 good experiences
sarah4gandh
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM

i had a great hospital birth overall- you can read it here! 

http://gshteal.blogspot.com/2011/08/haddies-birth-bradley-perspective.html

HyrulianHeroine
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

i loved giving birth in the hospital, it was comfortable, stress free, and no worries came my way. I had the staffs one hundred percent support. and i was never alone in the room without having atleast two nurses to aid me. It just takes research on wear you go and preparation. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Sounds like you have a good plan set in place, GL!!
VintageWife
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I was nervous with my second but not with the others. I don't even know why either. You need to keep assuring yourself that you can do this and you are made for it :)

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Thanks everyone :)
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
It's completely normal. It wouldn't matter if it was a home birth, hospital birth Ect you would still be freaking out. LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Lol! That's probably true

Quoting snowangel1979:

It's completely normal. It wouldn't matter if it was a home birth, hospital birth Ect you would still be freaking out. LOL.

GoodyBrook
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand why you'd be nervous to deliver, as the doc you've built a trusting relationship with  is on vacation.  How long will she be away?  Is there a chance she'll be back in time, as you have two weeks left to go?

Can you make a special appointment with the new gal just to get to know her better?  Keeping our minds at ease is a huge step in having a successful birth...

Good Luck, mama!

(P.S.  I was just told at my 34 week appointment that the midwife is having major surgery and won't likely be able to attend my birth.  I FREAKED out!  Seriously!  This is a woman I've built a relationship with over the past two pregnancies and now all that is down the tubes!  And they wonder why my sleep patterns are so terrible and my BP is getting high?  Stress!)  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN