Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

homebirths etc. and footprinting.....

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  • 18 Replies

I just attended a birth and they did a footprint of the baby. I don't remember this with my first because he was rushed to nicu.....but I know for sure that my homebirth babies did not get footprinted....oh wait do they do that for teh birth certificates? I am forgetting! lol

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ImNotKarl
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

The footprint is more of a keepsake thing, I think. My midwives did it because I asked, but they did it a few days after he was born since they didn't want to prick his foot and have to also deal with the footprinting.

cjsix
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I had three of mine at home and have home birthcertificates for all of them with their footprints on them.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
We did our own foot print, DH needed them so he could get a tattoo.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sarah725:

We did our own foot print, DH needed them so he could get a tattoo.

ohhh. I like! Dh got our children's names on his forarms that can see the name when you put it upsidedown too.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I always thought it was a keepsake thing

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I think it's a keep sake thing here too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thePBandJmom
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I had my son in a birthing center and the midwife put his footprints onto this card to identify him right after he was born. When I left with him they checked him against the card.

Brandy85412
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

This

Quoting ImNotKarl:

The footprint is more of a keepsake thing, I think. My midwives did it because I asked, but they did it a few days after he was born since they didn't want to prick his foot and have to also deal with the footprinting.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

They do it in the hospital and can be done at home for a homebirth, I plan to do it for my kiddo...they have a special kind of ink pads that dont leave ink on their feet.  They dont need them for birth certifates btw

Raeann11
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

With my first home birthing midwife. We had her at the Free standing birth center. She did foot prints on a 4x6 card stock for us. For my home birth. My midwife has a special paper we all sign, says the date, time, her weight and messurements and on the side it has her foot prints. 

We have it framed and out in our living room. Well right know we don't. Since our Chirstmas stuff took over for the next month. 

I can't wait to have another one soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN