Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Something I just don't understand....

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just need to vent for a moment...

A friend of mine has a 6 month old who has been having difficulty sleeping. She wakes often, so mommy is tired. The baby sleeps in her own room in a bassinet type thing. I was telling her that co-sleeping is the only way I get as much sleep as I do and telling her all the reasons I like it.

She said that from the beginning her and her DH didn't want her to sleep in their room. I completely respect that!

The thing that gets me is later in the same conversation she said that her dog was driving her crazy trying to get under the covers of their bed last night and I asked her "Oh, your dog sleeps with you?" She said "Yes."

I'm having a really hard time understanding why it's not okay for her infant to sleep with them, but their dog can cuddle with them all night. WTH?!

Our culture has really screwed up people's ways of thinking! That is all. Good night :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Let's hope the babe grows up to me more emotionally adjusted that her dog sounds!

CRAZY!

doulala
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

How could you NOT point that out?!?    lol

;-P

larissalarie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM
I know some people don't sleep with baby in the bed because they are afraid of rolling on baby during the night. There probably wouldn't be that concern with a dog.

IDK though... Our baby sleeps with us and the dogs get the floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Wow.... :o( 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Wow how insane is that? :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:52 AM
Lol my parents are like that we were never good enough to spend money to get our hair professionally cut but the damn dog get her hair done professionally;(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FionasMommie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I understand that too, but she didn't even mention that as being a reason. She said that with her DD in the other room her hubby is not as disturbed when she wakes up crying.

In the meantime mommy is getting up 5 times a night getting baby nursed and back down to sleep. It doesn't make sense to me, but I'm not the one losing sleep...

Quoting JMmama:

I know some people don't sleep with baby in the bed because they are afraid of rolling on baby during the night. There probably wouldn't be that concern with a dog.

IDK though... Our baby sleeps with us and the dogs get the floor.

FionasMommie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Awe :(

Quoting peaches_04:

Lol my parents are like that we were never good enough to spend money to get our hair professionally cut but the damn dog get her hair done professionally;(

FionasMommie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, me too...

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Let's hope the babe grows up to me more emotionally adjusted that her dog sounds!

CRAZY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)