Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Help me nip this in the bud

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM
  • 11 Replies
Baby Jay is getting a runny nose, I do believe its from him playing in the church nursery this past weekend. What can I do to prevent him from getting a full on cold? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM
How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Julia.C
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I know this sounds nuts, but when my little boy starts acting like he's getting a cold. . . I totally take it out of my focus.  Lots of one on one play time and depending on the weather I will crack a window in the house.  I am a strong believer in fresh air as a healer.   Stuffy air and being around a lot of people seems to always cause a runny nose for my little one.  This may be too far fetched, but I will boil some tea tree oil , lemon oil, and bergamot in a small pot of water - let it cool - and then after I get the house clean, I spray it on everything.  It smells awesome and always makes all of us feel better, especially if one of us is feeling icky. 

danichaos
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Almost 11 months

Quoting rfurlongg:

How old is he?
danichaos
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM
That sounds like it smells amazing :) we'll try to go outside and play today also. I've been meaning to set up his mini playground for him to crawl on anyways

Quoting Julia.C:

I know this sounds nuts, but when my little boy starts acting like he's getting a cold. . . I totally take it out of my focus.  Lots of one on one play time and depending on the weather I will crack a window in the house.  I am a strong believer in fresh air as a healer.   Stuffy air and being around a lot of people seems to always cause a runny nose for my little one.  This may be too far fetched, but I will boil some tea tree oil , lemon oil, and bergamot in a small pot of water - let it cool - and then after I get the house clean, I spray it on everything.  It smells awesome and always makes all of us feel better, especially if one of us is feeling icky. 

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM
If you are still nursing, take vit c and nurse him a bit more. Give him vit rich foods that he has already been introduced to. I like the idea of opening the window as well.

Quoting danichaos:

Almost 11 months

Quoting rfurlongg:

How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Breast milk in nose = cure all. Seriously. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM

elderberry tincture - you can find a tutorial on google or buy it premade at a health food store or etsy.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Breast milk!

JaxMomma78
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM
This. Kiss him on the mouth and hands to pick up any germs and so ur body can make the antibodies and nurse him extra.

Quoting rfurlongg:

If you are still nursing, take vit c and nurse him a bit more. Give him vit rich foods that he has already been introduced to. I like the idea of opening the window as well.

Quoting danichaos:

Almost 11 months

Quoting rfurlongg:

How old is he?

jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I do this too. Lots of vitamin c for mom

Quoting JaxMomma78:

This. Kiss him on the mouth and hands to pick up any germs and so ur body can make the antibodies and nurse him extra.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Quoting danichaos:

Almost 11 months

Quoting rfurlongg:

How old is he?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)