Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

differences between boy babies and girl babies?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 21 Replies
I have a 3 year old girl and I am expecting a boy within the next 7 weeks or so.

Are there any differences I should expect or advice I should hear?

I am a little nervous about having a boy, it feels like uncharted territory.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jade89
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
That's how I feel about having a girl. I have a six year old son and I have a baby girl on the way in about 6wks....

So bump for answers lol
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, I was nervous about my second being a boy for the same reasons. I ended up with two goddesses. But, I can tell you that penis or not, these girls are so different it's shocking. I litterally feel like a first time mom, she's just so different! All babies are different, regardless of gender, and there's just no way to prepare for it.

But I can tell you this. I asked the same question before she was born and really the only hard piece of advice I found was: when you put his diaper on make sure to point his penis down. :)

GL and congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I'm having my first baby boy and have no idea what to expect! But a lot of mommy's with baby boys tell me it's amazing. Just because a baby has different body parts will never change the love you have for them though <3

larissalarie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I think the differences you will notice as a newborn will be because of their individuality and not their sex. (other than the obvious penis versus a vagina)
When the baby gets older and becomes a toddler you might notice your boy is much more rambunctious than your girl. That's how it is with my boys, but I also realize that it could just be personality at work, so I hesitate to say it's merely because they're boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM
There are no differences gender wise except that boys can pee on you easier. Personality varies from child to child.

People tend to rough house with little boys a lot more, I've noticed. With dd people would always comment on how sweet she was, with my sons they would call them "little flirt" and "bruisers"
It is worth noting that my kids were all pushing 20 lbs by 4 months so they all 3 looked like little bruisers (whatever that's supposed to mean).

At the park strangers hover over my very brave 2 yo dd whereas they only usually would comment on how daring and brave my oldest son was when he would do similar things at her age.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I have 2 girls and then my 15 month old is a boy

Honestly....there are not a lot of differences I have NEVER been peed on...never
BUT, BOtH my girls peed and pooped on me

As a toddler, I don't notice a lot different from when my girls were toddlers

All 3 liked cars, trains and baby dolls equally
Although, now my girls are older they are getting more into the girly stuff

The other day we went for a walk and the girls walked right past a pretty red truck...my toddler though, stopped, walked over to it...deeply examined it as proceeded to climb up the back bumper

Thy all have equal amounts of energy, the girls are more dramatic right now but were not so as toddlers

It's really more a personality thing than a sec thing

If you go off that, then my girls should be boys LOL
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I had a girl then a boy. Biggest difference is you will get peed on a whole lot. Make sure he is always covered with a diaper!

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

The difference between my ds and dd were pretty intense. He grew (still is) grew like CrAZY so he was constantly nursing. DH has a handfull of pictures of me asleep nursing him in different parts of the house. There is even one of him wrapped in the Moby chowing down while I was playing video games. He also loved to snuggle (still does) and he co-slept with us until about a year, which is also the age he finally slept through the night at.  DD on the other hand, slept 6hours straight at a month. Slept better when she was in the co-sleep that we had next to our bed and didn't eat as furiously as ds. She was also a good inch shorter than he was at 1year.  Not that we should be comparing them, but heck it's hard not to when the differences can be loud. 

TabM
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Always grab 2 wipes, one to wipe with and one to cover his willie as soon as you take the diaper so he doesn't pee in your face lol. Oh and if you put the diaper on with it pointing up he will pee up out of it!....both things I learned the hard way good luck!!! and congrats!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I didn't notice any difference in the first year.  When they are more mobile and they choose different toys some times but that's about it.  Kids all need to learn at there own pace and the same skills.  Have fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN