Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats your babies

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 38 Replies

name, how did you come up with it

thanks for sharing

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Klbushman
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM
We have a Karly Jade. Daddy came up with the first name, and we got her middle name out of a baby book.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Isis and Hera.

With both girls I read a bunch of mythology books searching for names that are beautiful, strong, and meaningful. I ended up with four to five boy names and four to five girl names when I went into labored and matched the face to the name that fit the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Ava Olivia :)
I've always loved the name Olivia, and actually had that picked for a first name. But then while scrolling through the baby book I found Ava. They both just seemed to go together so well and DF loved it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I have an Eliot Anthony. Anthony is hubby's middle name and Eliot is after TS Eliot. I love me some TS Eliot :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Amaya Lillian- Amaya was a name I heard on a tv show and the only one we could agree on. When I looked up the meaning I loved it. It means night rain. Lillian was for my gmom who passed 2 months before she was born.

Christian Donald- Always loved the name Christian. We had the name picked out from the moment I found out I was pregnant with Amaya. Donald is after my uncle who passed away when I was a child. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Magdalyn (Maggie) Faith

Erik Michael

Caleb Daniel

Some were after family members and Magdalyn was after an elderly women that I used to take care of.

Peera
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Tristan Alexander. Frankly, he ended up with his name because in 9 months of fighting, it was the ONLY one we could agree on. I was 7 months before we agreed to Tristan, and actually filling out the birth certificate when SO agreed to Alexander. I'm dreading having another boy for this very reason, lol. We hate all our family names, and just have very different naming styles to begin with. The good news is that it fits him perfectly, I couldn't imagine him being named anything else, and everyone in my family likes it for him too (Even though my grandparents are still mis-spelling it) 

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

MommaTasha1003
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Breaunna Carlene. With pregnancy brain I tried making her name so no one would call her bree-anna.. I kinda regret the spelling now :(... Carlene is my great-grandmas name that I always wanted to name a dd after.

Connor Elijah.. Connor was a name we could agree on & he wasnt named until I accidentally slipped & said "Poor baby Connor" while we gave him his first bath & he was crying.. Elijah DH picked (since i got dd middle name), from the bible...

Rlambert6002
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Claudia Leigh Marie...after dh first name Claude, dss middle name Lee, and my mom's middle name Marie.

Thomas Gage...dh was supposed to pick a. Bible name, I didn't know he'd pick doubting Thomas, but no matter I guess. Gage was from the movie Pet Semetary...we just liked the name and it wasn't common back then (1992).

Randi Gabrielle...after dh middle name Randall. Middleman name after my bff.

James Alexander....first from Bible, just liked Alexander and thought went well with James.

Samuel Clint ....first from Bible chose because he was prayed to be. Dh is a Clint Eastwood fan....need I say more?

Elijah Mason....first from Bible, just liked Mason.

Benjamin Lucas...again first from Bible, I loved the name Lucas.

Gracelyne Noel...I waited a loooong time for my 3rd girl, 1 day shy of 16 years to be exact. I wanted something very feminine but also having a religious tone but nit real common. I felt gracelyne fit that criteria...and she is Gracelyne NOT grace or Gracie. Noel I chose due to its Christmas-y tone as she was a December baby.

Peyson Gianna Rose...first name I heard and liked and that its not common is a plus. Gianna is a combo of my two grandmothers' names, Geneva and Wonnie, who both passed away in 2011. Rose is my mothers first name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lactatingloon
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds first name is Luxor, I'm an archaeologist and Luxor Egypt was where my first archaeology dig. His middle name is Grail as in holy grail. He is our treasure :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)