Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Help her along?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

I started drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea yesterday. I've read this will tone my uterus muscles and possibly make labor shorter, and more manageable and the midwife at my OB/GYN clinic confirmed and approved of this.

Is there anything else i can do to help things along that are safe that won't work unless she's ready? Walking, i know. Is evening prime rose oil really okay? Does it work? (i've read differing opinions on it's effects). I use my birthing ball, also. Are there other things i haven't heard of, or that will help things progress a little bit?

I do not plan on rushing her out or doing anything silly like drinking castor oil. I would like her to be born before Christmas **if she is ready!** That is all.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Walking and sex obviously. I don't know about Primrose oil. I did use it but I was planning a vbac home birth and getting close to 42 weeks. It didn't work for me though. I did do some things as a last resort and it was because my window of an intervention free birth was slipping away.

It sounds like you realize baby will come when they're ready and aren't willing to do anything silly (which really if they're not ready it won't work).

I'd just eat healthy, walk, and have sex. I wouldn't try anything else until later on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outstandingLove
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Quoting jconney80:

Walking and sex obviously. I don't know about Primrose oil. I did use it but I was planning a vbac home birth and getting close to 42 weeks. It didn't work for me though. I did do some things as a last resort and it was because my window of an intervention free birth was slipping away.

It sounds like you realize baby will come when they're ready and aren't willing to do anything silly (which really if they're not ready it won't work).

I'd just eat healthy, walk, and have sex. I wouldn't try anything else until later on.

Oh yea. Sex. How could i forget about that one! lol

Did you get your intervention free birth?

rachelrothchild
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I've never heard that RRL makes labor shorter, but I guess that makes sense.  I've never gone a pregnancy without it, so I have no other labor to compare it to.  Baby will come when she's ready.

GoodyBrook
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Yesterday the midwife said she recommends 2 to 3 QUARTS of RRL tea per day!  (WOW!  I'd imagine my uterus could just pop the baby out after that much toning!)

Taking Evening Primrose Oil vaginally is not recommended for women with prior c-sections, as it can weaken the scar tissue as it aids in effacement/dialation...

outstandingLove
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Yesterday the midwife said she recommends 2 to 3 QUARTS of RRL tea per day!  (WOW!  I'd imagine my uterus could just pop the baby out after that much toning!)

Taking Evening Primrose Oil vaginally is not recommended for women with prior c-sections, as it can weaken the scar tissue as it aids in effacement/dialation...

Maybe she misspoke? Everything i have read on it says 2-3 cups a day.

This is my first full term pregnancy so i have not had a csection. Does it really help the cervix soften? I've heard all it does is loosen your bowels, but i've also heard of it's "inducing" benefits.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I didn't take it orally. I used it vaginally as a lubricant to soften the cervix

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I wouldnt count on baby coming before Christmas, moms usually dont get what they want lol

Just relax is the best thing you can do and stay active. 

outstandingLove
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting Nicolle_09:

I wouldnt count on baby coming before Christmas, moms usually dont get what they want lol

Just relax is the best thing you can do and stay active. 

oh i'm not counting on it. I've said all along that i don't think she'll be here until after Christmas.

But i can hope. lol

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I think what  you are doing sounds great, I  think the birthing ball  works good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN