Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Has anyone tried???

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just wondering if anyone has tried Fenugreek Tea? Its suppose to help promote milk production?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I've tried the capsules but not the tea.

BlessedWithLife
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I haven't. 

What worked the best for me (and I'm nursing my fourth baby) is oatmeal.  I found a recipe for lactation cookies that called for oats, flax seed, and brewer's yeast as the ingredients that helped milk supply.  After I read that I would put those ingredients in anything and everything that I could.  I saw a huge difference.  I told my sister about it, who was also nursing a baby, and she said that she had stopped eating oatmeal every day for about a week and noticed a difference in her supply.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM

When nursing, I drink a tea that contains fenugreek as well as other herbs.  It's by the brand Yogi and called something like, "Nursing help."

Also, I'd eat a bit bowl of oatmeal for breakfast each day. 

Never a problem keeping up my supply!

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I've taken the tincture and had some increase in pumping output.  My first go to is an increase in water intake-I find that drinking at least 100 ounces a day makes a big difference.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

which tea? Mothers Milk Tea has it in it and I used to drink it when I was eping. 

thalia7758
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I tried the capsules. I couldn't remember to take them as often as you're supposed to so it didn't really do anything. I don't think it's likely to hurt.

JWu
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I took the capsules and it definitely helped. I followed the lactation consultant's directions completely. Be forewarned--you will smell like maple syrup.

Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

If you're going to use it on a regular basis, you'll probably prefer capsules over the tea.

ruby_jewel_04
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I tried the capsules. Worked great. 

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Took the capsules, along with blessed thistle.. this worked well for me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)