Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hope someone is up.. Nose drainage. Not nursing!!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok DS has a serious cold.. He is getting serious drainage down his throat causing him to gag & he is refusing to nurse because of the drainage..

How to help him?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM
I put a few drops of breast milk up my babies' noses, let it sit for a few minutes and then used a nasal aspirator. It usually helps enough that they can nurse for a little bit at least. Poor baby :-( He will feel better soon!
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I second the breastmilk up the nose!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Also use a humidifier in the room. Go in the bathroom and turn the hot shower on and try to nurse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Thanks ladies.. Never got back on that night :/ was just too warn out & he was very unhappy so I was doing my best handling him..But thankfully we "survived" the night.. He is still sick but we are doing better with the nursing... My boobs where FULL all one day because his nursing schedule was thrown off.

We have been doing alot but I didnt think about BM up the nose.. Ive been "threatening him" with putting more in his eye though.. He keeps getting snot everywhere, including his eyes. When he was a NB we had issues with matting eyes & BM worked like a charm!

If I took him out right now Im sure CPS would be called. He looks like he has 2 black eyes & a messed up nose :( Its so sad to look at him... Ive been having to wash his face with warm wash cloths because of the snot, I think the skin under his eyes are just irritated from him/me rubbing & its not actually bruised..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)