Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

a funny and a vent all in one lol

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

so i'm doing my class with this lady on creighton model charting (i'm working with a napro dr to determine health issues and achieve pregnancy) and she starts going on about how i need to wipe with tp. and it keeps coming up. so finally i ask...."what if you use cloth?' .... dead silence. "you mean you use cloth instead of toilet paper?!" ...."umm...yes...that's what I said." she said i had to use tp for now and when i feel confident i could try the cloth again. but reading through this manual i would actually triple my tp use! i can't do that!

second this mehtod is actually making me hate my body. i do not want to wipe and observe my cm before i pee every time. even at night! i do not want to abstain from sex 10 days per cycle not including my period. i do not want to touch my period blood to observe my cm. i do not want to bear such a responsiblity for this. it sucks. i'm sorry i'm whing and venting. oh and get this! she wants me to abstain for a month!!!! umm....no. no freaking way am i abstaining when my husband actually gets to be home for 2 weeks. hell freaking no. i do not understand how anyone makes this work for themselves.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Notes:

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:47 AM
I cant see why youd have to abstain for a month
Did she give a reason
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Magnolia7
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I use NFP and once you get the hang of your charting and your body's cycle you can reduce the celibate days. Or, you could always use condoms if you have nothing against them. 

I was never taught to analyze menstrual blood, but then I'm used to having a few "dry" days between the end of my period and the start of noticable cerival mucus.   I'm Catholic, which is why I especially like NFP, but I also find that it seems easy to use.  The newest edition is more streamlined, it's at ccli.org

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

apparently semial fluid can nterrupt your learning of regular cervical mucous so they suggest abstaining for a month.

Quoting peaches_04:

Did she give a reason

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM

well I'm not Catholic. that's probably what's got my panties in a bunch. I don't believe half of what they are teaching and it kind of sucks. but she's the only dr in the area who would listen to my problems and take me seriously so i'm kind of stuck. i don't believe in ivf or stuff nor do i think i need it so i need to figure out my problems, but i just can't see this working for us long term. the whole abstaining and recreating the honeymoon phase seems absolutely ridiculous to me and i have no interest in doing that. i feel like just giving up and getting the whole reproductive system removed.

Quoting Magnolia7:

I use NFP and once you get the hang of your charting and your body's cycle you can reduce the celibate days. Or, you could always use condoms if you have nothing against them. 

I was never taught to analyze menstrual blood, but then I'm used to having a few "dry" days between the end of my period and the start of noticable cerival mucus.   I'm Catholic, which is why I especially like NFP, but I also find that it seems easy to use.  The newest edition is more streamlined, it's at ccli.org

Magnolia7
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM

It's all about your beliefs and preferences.  Abstaining does help to learn your body and your patterns.  For me, it was simple because I did that while we were engaged.  So after we were married I was already able to be more comfortable with the whole deal.   I can see how it would be super frustrating to try and learn this while already married.    Does she say that using a barrier method would interfere with learning?  That's not my personal preference, but I've heard that some couples simply use condoms instead of abstaining. I know that's not taught in NFP, so if you're in a class that is religiously based I doubt they'll mention anything beyond abstaining.  

What's your purpose in the class?  To prevent pregnancy naturally?  To conceive naturally?   If it's prevention, ya know vasectomy is pretty effective. :)

lifeforchrist
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

abstaining while trying to get pregnant? That isn't counter productive or anything!

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM
We can't do vasectomy because it ups the risk for prostate cancer anddh already has a high risk. Currently my purpose was to accurately diagnose my Pecos and any special needs that come with it. We are Ttc currently but want to switch to preventing due to some stuff coming up next year. I can't take hormonal BC and having my tubes tied wouldn't solve the health issues anyways. I didn't have the guts to ask if condoms would work. But I guess we can just use those. She taught me a method to get all the juice out but it seems annoying and she said its not 100% effective.

Quoting Magnolia7:

It's all about your beliefs and preferences.  Abstaining does help to learn your body and your patterns.  For me, it was simple because I did that while we were engaged.  So after we were married I was already able to be more comfortable with the whole deal.   I can see how it would be super frustrating to try and learn this while already married.    Does she say that using a barrier method would interfere with learning?  That's not my personal preference, but I've heard that some couples simply use condoms instead of abstaining. I know that's not taught in NFP, so if you're in a class that is religiously based I doubt they'll mention anything beyond abstaining.  

What's your purpose in the class?  To prevent pregnancy naturally?  To conceive naturally?   If it's prevention, ya know vasectomy is pretty effective. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Yah well....since she thought I was nuts for even asking about family cloth I'm not going to give her a super smart rating. Lol

Quoting lifeforchrist:

abstaining while trying to get pregnant? That isn't counter productive or anything!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't condemn her for the family cloth thing.  Outside of the very crunchy circles, very few people have heard of it or would ever consider it.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Yah well....since she thought I was nuts for even asking about family cloth I'm not going to give her a super smart rating. Lol

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM

condoms?

I never check my cervical fluid during my period. It seems like a lot of work but checking for cm becomes totally natural. I still do it out of habit at 7 months pregnant.

I'm still confused why you need to abstain for 10 days a month? Is the abstinence during your period just personal preference?

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

apparently semial fluid can nterrupt your learning of regular cervical mucous so they suggest abstaining for a month.

Quoting peaches_04:

Did she give a reason

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)