Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Cloth Diapers from China

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 17 Replies

I got a huge stash of China diapers and they were super cheap, admitedly I feel kind of bad that I didn't buy American, but the biggest reason for me CD'ing is to save money.  Anyone else feel this way?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clh1989
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I have a good mix of diapers, and some of them are china diapers. They were a cheap way to fill in my stash to make it last a couple days. You gotta do what you gotta do! We couldn't afford 10 more decent ones but 10 more alvas were no issue. 

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Exactly - My first set of diapers were china diapers. I won't buy any alvas just because I like to see my order sooner and I've heard like 4weeks is normal for shipping but I order some china diapers from a website and get them within a week. They're SUPER cute and I know a LOT of people who LOVE them and that's all they use.

However - when I see a diaper I just HAVE to have or I just really want, I will get it. I've spent about $100 on WAHM diapers but they're the "special" ones that will come out on special occasions or when people are visiting and stuff. I'm so excited about the ones I've ordered, haven't received any but got an e-mail one should be in the box when I get home today! :)

Quoting Clh1989:

I have a good mix of diapers, and some of them are china diapers. They were a cheap way to fill in my stash to make it last a couple days. You gotta do what you gotta do! We couldn't afford 10 more decent ones but 10 more alvas were no issue. 

Cpop1980
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I got Sunbaby diapers, and they did take 25 days to get here, but he's not due for another 4 weeks so I had plenty of time.  They are sooo cute.

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM

That's awesome! I LOVE shopping for diapers! Another thing to look at for cheap diapering is using covers and prefolds/inserts. There are Flips and Econobums that I know of that have both had good reviews. And those you can get online at cottonbabies or even babiesrus. It's like $50 for 2 or 3 covers and 6-12 prefolds/inserts.

I'm not sure why you feel bad but cloth diapers, IMO, are better than the nasty disposables that have all those chemicals and don't breathe.

Quoting Cpop1980:

I got Sunbaby diapers, and they did take 25 days to get here, but he's not due for another 4 weeks so I had plenty of time.  They are sooo cute.

Cpop1980
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I feel bad because I feel like I should be buying American and supporting people over here instead of in China, but people in China need to eat too right?

womanwifemomof3
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Cheap because of child labor in poor conditions.  Cheap means a neighbor is unemployed.  All of us need to start feeling bad enough about it and make a change, skip that luxery we give ourselves/family so that others can live decently and recognize our lame excuses and rationalizations for what they are.      fyi not a personal attack just me on my soapbox

Lydlou02
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM
My whole stash is China diapers. I don't feel a bit guilty. The store I purchase from (assuntastore.com) supports an orphanage (little flowers).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Even american brands are not made in america. Fuzzibunz are made in turkey i believe lol. I love kawaii, alva and gogreen diapers, all made in china...no shame in that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Only way to know its an american you support is buy wahm, and even then the fabric and snaps are most likely made in china.

Quoting Cpop1980:

I feel bad because I feel like I should be buying American and supporting people over here instead of in China, but people in China need to eat too right?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I didn't even think of this side of it. I buy my china diapers from a mom who sells them out of her home. For ever x amount sold she donates x amount of diapers to those in need or shelters. There are ways around it. You shouldn't feel guilty no matter what about diapering your child.

Most importantly, feel good that you are diapering your child in something BETTER than disposables! :) Happy Fluffing!

Quoting Lydlou02:

My whole stash is China diapers. I don't feel a bit guilty. The store I purchase from (assuntastore.com) supports an orphanage (little flowers).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN