Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby wearing (wraps)

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

When my son was 3 months old I loved wearing him in the Moby Wrap but since then I've learned that it isnt the best wrap out there. I'm currently pregnant with our 2nd and due at the end of May. I would love to wear this baby but I'm not familiar with all the wraps. I really love the idea of a wrap but I want to get a safer (and cheap) wrap that will work better. Any idea's?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Woven wraps are great after the NB stage. Safer and hold more weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingerella
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM
It depends on your budget. There are even DIY options. If you can give an example of how much you can spend that would help.

Also, your local LLL or natural parenting group may have a sling library that you could use for a lot less than buying one. It would also let you try a few options out before deciding to buy your own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
airforcewife90
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I want to try and stay under $60.

We live in a very small town and I would have to drive 2 hours if I could even find a sling library.

Quoting Gingerella:

It depends on your budget. There are even DIY options. If you can give an example of how much you can spend that would help.

Also, your local LLL or natural parenting group may have a sling library that you could use for a lot less than buying one. It would also let you try a few options out before deciding to buy your own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I'm not a babywearing expert but I would suggest a gauze or woven wrap, especially since it will be lighter weight for the summer.

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

look on etsy

there are these

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lilpeeperkeepers?ga_search_query=woven+baby+wrap&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all&ref=sr_gallery_9

this one is pretty

http://www.etsy.com/listing/108648156/woven-wrap-baby-sling-carrier-seaside

Gingerella
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I know she is recommended often in the babywearing group on here for having quality slings for good prices. http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyEtte

Quoting airforcewife90:

I want to try and stay under $60.

We live in a very small town and I would have to drive 2 hours if I could even find a sling library.

Quoting Gingerella:

airforcewife90
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Thanks ladies for all the links! I'll take a look at them.

H.I.S.
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Thanks for the link!
LaughterHugs
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

facebook has the babywearing swap group whewre you can find GOOD wovens for 50-80$ :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)