Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

kissaluvs fitteds for newborns

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you like them? Are they too bulky? I'd be using them with thirsties duo covers.

I'm just not a fan of prefolds on my toddler so I'm guessing I won't like them on a newborn either.... probably will end up buying some just because of budget, but I'm really interested in fitteds.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

bump?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I am curious too as we want to go with fitted and covers too we hate prefolds

Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I got a couple responses in cuties with cloth booties that were helpful - it sounds like they're a lot more bulky.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/34752/forums/read/17723789/kissaluvs_fitteds_for_newborns

I found some custom ones on hyenacart for $11 with LOTS of fabric options and they fit up to 15 lbs so I think I'm going to order a few for going out and overnights. Prefolds seems to be by far the most economical option though. I'm guessing I won't need them for more than 4-6 weeks, if this baby is anything like DS.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

chiarore
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM
We used kissa size 0s (old style) for our girl when she was born, coverless. We switched to sandy's (or prefolds or flats) and wool as she got older. I liked them. She couldn't handle pul, so it worked for us. I actually prefer that system to the pockets we did with our son. I think most cloth is a bit bulky, personally, but I don't think they're much bulkier than anything else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I used them on Grace and loved them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM
My friend just used them on her LO when she was born and she loved them too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I personally wouldn't buy much of anything in a newborn size because it won't last long. I had a friend give me some and I really liked them. I have never thought prefolds were more bulky than fitteds though. I've always used both. They might be bulkier on a smaller baby until they grow into them but to me prefolds have been thinner than fitteds or pockets but to each his own lol

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I got a couple responses in cuties with cloth booties that were helpful - it sounds like they're a lot more bulky.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/34752/forums/read/17723789/kissaluvs_fitteds_for_newborns

I found some custom ones on hyenacart for $11 with LOTS of fabric options and they fit up to 15 lbs so I think I'm going to order a few for going out and overnights. Prefolds seems to be by far the most economical option though. I'm guessing I won't need them for more than 4-6 weeks, if this baby is anything like DS.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I guess I should say that I use a Snappi on prefolds though and not everyone does that. I never liked just sticking a folded prefold into a cover. Don't trust it LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Never used them so here's a bump

jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Did you end up getting any?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN