Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Ear infections.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi group. It's been a while. I have been so busy chasing this energetic 15 month old around. :)
Mason has started a cycle. Stuffy nose and cough, then ear infection, that clears up, then he runs a fever for a few days.
He still bf. I wonder if we should both go milk free or gluten free. Anyone else had an experience with this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I have found, both by reading and from experience, that giving up dairy fixes a lot of ailments.

Have you been putting breast milk in his ears? That will kill any infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrschelley1219
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I haven't put any breast milk in his ears yet. How much should I put in? Is it a preventative or once he has an infection use it?

Quoting jellyphish:

I have found, both by reading and from experience, that giving up dairy fixes a lot of ailments.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Both. Just a few drops in each ear a few times a day. You can put some in his nose if you'd like too. Bm fights infection, it's the quickest thing I've found to do so too. So it will definitely prevent it.

Quoting mrschelley1219:

I haven't put any breast milk in his ears yet. How much should I put in? Is it a preventative or once he has an infection use it?

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I didnt know u could do their noses ill have to try that. My poor little guy has had the sniffles since he was born:(

Quoting jellyphish:

Both. Just a few drops in each ear a few times a day. You can put some in his nose if you'd like too. Bm fights infection, it's the quickest thing I've found to do so too. So it will definitely prevent it.

Quoting mrschelley1219:

Quoting jellyphish:

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Aw, so sad. I hope it helps.

Yup, ears, nose, eyes, and anyone can use it. I've used it cure sinus infections and pink eye on myself in a day. Seriously amazing stuff!!
Quoting peaches_04:

I didnt know u could do their noses ill have to try that. My poor little guy has had the sniffles since he was born:(

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting mrschelley1219:

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I found that environmental allergens caused my sons ear infections this time of the year.  Have you tried BM drops in the ears as soon as the stuffy nose starts?

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Bm in the ears really helps. Clears up any infection so quick. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)