Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So we have 4 boys..our oldest is 10, when pregnant with him we picked out our girls name...here it is 10 years later and all of a sudden when preggers with #5 both hubby and I are NOT in love with our girls names we have picked.

All our boys have names that have Irish backgrounds and mean something to do with kings, or rulers, or prince etc. 

Aubrey Nathaniel

Donald Allen-Sidney(family names)

Eric Sean-Tobias(family names)

Asher Brendan

Heres the girls names we liked

Alexandria Leigh Anne

Victoria Marie-Elaine(middle names are family names)

Should we just stick with our names we have always liked? What do you think of them? Got any good girls names that we could consider?

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Replies (21-27):
FelixFelicis
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I'm only good at girl names, and I have two girls. Jade Alexandria and Ambrosia Faye. Obviously I like your Alexandria pick! It's a pretty name. I'm pregnant again (due in July) and we just picked out Lydia and Tessa for girl names. Still have no ideas for a boy name!

I would go with a new name, if you suddenly don't like the names you could just be having a motherly feeling that those names just don't fit that baby. And naming a future baby and naming a baby that's there are two very different things! GL!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I like both your names! But if you guys dont love them time to buy a baby name book :)
Of course I love my girls names
Leilani Elizabeth and Ellie Grace
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I have a nephew named Asher, hes an awesome guy :)
CowgirlSoldier
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I would create a new baby girl name list and then compare the two. You might even end up combining so of your new names with old names. 

PoodleMum
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I specifically picked a not in the top 100 names for our first, that year it ended up being #100 lol.  This year it is 87 or something like that.  Our second's name isn't on the list yet...

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I hate picking girl names, My future dd name just broke the top 100 so we have figure out a new name.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Its funny we sat down at the computer and went through like 20 different sites and NONE of the names caught our eye, its not that we cant agree on them, which is awesome.  HUbs and I are the same page on almost all parenting stuff thankfully

Quoting CowgirlSoldier:

I would create a new baby girl name list and then compare the two. You might even end up combining so of your new names with old names. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yeah I know Asher was NOT popular when we picked it...now it is

Quoting PoodleMum:

I specifically picked a not in the top 100 names for our first, that year it ended up being #100 lol.  This year it is 87 or something like that.  Our second's name isn't on the list yet...

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I hate picking girl names, My future dd name just broke the top 100 so we have figure out a new name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)