Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How many times?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
Am I going to have someone bothering me about my kids sleeping on my back in the Boba?! Omgoodness! I was at the thrift store earlier today. My 14 month old has been teething & not getting much sleep. She was asleep in the car so I put her on my back so she could continue snoozing while I shopped. No biggie! My younger kids are very comfy napping like this and frequently do it.

First one woman came up and put her face in Grace's face. She started talking so I quickly moved away politely saying she's napping. Some other loud women came near me saying they shouldn't wake the baby (very loudly I might add). By the time this last woman came up to me I was getting irritated lol. Grace has been screaming pretty much nonstop all day and being very grouchy so this sleep was important! Anyways, I'm minding my own business and this woman walks up behind me and proceeds to move Grace's arm and says "is it OK if I just move your baby's arm?" I moved away and said "No! Please don't do that she's sleeping!"

I'm just venting but I've had so many people say ridiculous stuff like that! First of all she's not a baby! She's perfectly capable of moving her own arm if she's not comfortable. She's been holding her head up since birth practically. NO, she's not dead and YES she can breathe!

And WHY do people think it's OK to touch your child?? I am very funny about that because my kids get sick SO easily and don't sleep all night because of if. I don't want someone touching my kids with their grimy hands! That is so incredibly rude to me. It's not my fault they are uneducated about safe babywearing. I find it insulting because I know a lot about BW and would never put my kids in danger. I could never think that was OK to just touch a strangers child! They need to go fuss at people who really deserve it like the ones who put car seats on top of the cart! Hero wannabes LOL. Gah! That annoys me so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:15 AM
LOL...get it all out girl!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM
LOL! I know right? IDK how many times I've heard "can your baby breathe??" I have started responding "no! She can't!" and walking away laughing. I've done it once LOL. I know she looks like a limp rag doll back there but I swear she's not dead!!

My hubby and I get so many "looks" when we are both BW at the same time. I guess they just don't see it enough lol

Quoting VintageWife:

LOL...get it all out girl!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Tell us how you really feel :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:29 AM

I do not tolerate people touching me and especially do not tolerate anyone touching my child. I had to get very vocal with a woman who pretty much stuck her face in the top of the Ergo with my 8-day old in it. I have no tolerance for such disregard for personal space.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:30 AM

There were some local moms using wraps, who wear back wearing their sleeping kids at the commissary on base and the MPs(military police) were called on them.  The MPs told them they needed to take the kids out of the wraps because it was dangerous and proceeded to call CPS on base when they refused.  CPS tried saying the same thing. It was NUTS.

diamond8
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM

lol!! yesssss!!!! tell it like it is!!!

diamond8
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM

omg! cps? thats a little extreme. i plan to BW with this baby. soo is back wearing not ok?? or were ppl just needing to mind their business?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

There were some local moms using wraps, who wear back wearing their sleeping kids at the commissary on base and the MPs(military police) were called on them.  The MPs told them they needed to take the kids out of the wraps because it was dangerous and proceeded to call CPS on base when they refused.  CPS tried saying the same thing. It was NUTS.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM
What a bunch of weird people you've encountered!
My guy can't help but fall asleep when he's in the baby carrier, even if he wasn't tired. I've never gotten a negative reaction. Usually some comments about how he's got the right idea, etc. And from older ladies how lucky we are to have things like this now, they didn't have such things back then.
Sorry you found all the idiots in the world in one store!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Wow that's terrible. I don't know why people think it's ok to touch other people's kids - I would never even think of it unless it were a friend's baby and I had permission!

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:22 PM

People always used to ask me if dd could breath. Usually older moms who thought I had no clue what I was doing because I was younger. They would then proceed to tell me all the things I was apparently doing wrong.I got to the point that when people would ask me if she was breathing I would ask them if they were! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)