Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

UC Births.....

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  • 19 Replies

Anyone here have a UC birth? If I cannot find a midwife that will work with our financial situation I want to have a UC....however DH barely agreed to a homebirth the last births (which went completley smoothly btw).  DH is very active in the birth process too, so that is good as well. Also, I would like the kids to be there too.....maybe hiring a doula to help out as well so that they can share the load lol. Any info or advice is needed :)

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:18 PM

We're having our first UC in 2-3 months. I know there are at least a couple of moms in here who have already had one or more.

What kind of info are you looking for, specifically?

Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

We're having our first UC in 2-3 months. I know there are at least a couple of moms in here who have already had one or more.

What kind of info are you looking for, specifically?

Well, I knw the kind of stuff to get with e midwife, but I'm not sure if I need additional things that  a midwife would normally bring.  I wonder how everyone is prepared for emergancy situations.  I was wondering about checking fetal heart rates etc.  Anything! recommended books! The works!

bellaamore
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I did.
We hired a doula, but many won't work a uc because tey can be charged with practicing without a license if anything happens.
I had a support group, and a couple girls who'd had uc before, even though we barely knew each other.
A doula just helped with knowing what to ask my Ob about the position of baby and placenta, etc, to know if a uc was even a good idea.
Also, she massaged me throughout the whole labor. Lol

Eta: I bought a fetal Hrm online for fifty bucks. The doula brought some b vitamins and other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_muffin_
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I have had 2 UCs. There are tons of resources in the UC group as well as "Birth is Normal". My family took a CPR class (both infant and adult) and read the Emergency Childbirth manual. We didn't moniter the baby's heart rate. What will you be doing for prenatal care?

Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quoting _muffin_:

I have had 2 UCs. There are tons of resources in the UC group as well as "Birth is Normal". My family took a CPR class (both infant and adult) and read the Emergency Childbirth manual. We didn't moniter the baby's heart rate. What will you be doing for prenatal care?

I dont' know. I have an OB that backed up my last birth.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting bellaamore:

I did.
We hired a doula, but many won't work a uc because tey can be charged with practicing without a license if anything happens.
I had a support group, and a couple girls who'd had uc before, even though we barely knew each other.
A doula just helped with knowing what to ask my Ob about the position of baby and placenta, etc, to know if a uc was even a good idea.

Eta: I bought a fetal Hrm online for fifty bucks. The doula brought some b vitamins and other things.

yea, thats hwat I thought too. They are really cracking down here in California on midwives :(

bellaamore
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM
I just found an Ob that would allow the closest to what I would want in a hospital birth. It's nice to have a good backup plan.
I hired a doula and was honest that we were hoping for a uc, but that we wouldn't be opposed to a hospital birth if we could get it as comfortable and laid back as possible.
I asked what I should ask or tell my Ob before every apt.
I checked fhr at home regularly.
Stocked up on things I knew we would need and everything else fell into place.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting bellaamore:

I did.

yea, thats hwat I thought too. They are really cracking down here in California on midwives :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Good luck, bump
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I don't have any info to offer but I do know the group Old Fashioned Anti Mainstream Moms has info in it. I would totally do one if I was in a position to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Bump for UC mamas
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)