Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

gut feeling....uugh

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 20 Replies
A friend is having her baby today. She was induced this morning. She has been at a 3 since early morning. I have a feeling that they are gonna Csec due to failure to progress. Just a feeling. Funny a year ago, I would have shrugged and said said oh well. Now I am like she OS young, healthy, baby is fine.....why are they inducing in the first place?????? Aaaarrrrggg. None of my business, I know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I'm the same way. I feel your pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks! It's hard not to care when you know better o_O Hope everything goes OK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM

hope everything turns out ok for both of them .

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

hope everything turns out ok for both of them .

gamelas
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Sounds like her bishop score was not favorable. Although as a doula i have seen three day inductions. It takes a patient doc but can be done
gbcmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Hub????? Age has been dialted to a 3 since this morning. Not for 3 days.

Quoting gamelas:

Sounds like her bishop score was not favorable. Although as a doula i have seen three day inductions. It takes a patient doc but can be done

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

SIGH

swmmra
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

She was saying that she has seen an induction go on for 3 days, but that it takes a patient Dr, not that your friend was dialated to a 3 or been at a 3 for 3 days. 

Quoting gbcmom:

Hub????? Age has been dialted to a 3 since this morning. Not for 3 days.

Quoting gamelas:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

=(

Peera
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I know the feeling. My best friend (who is usually all for natural birth, so I can't quite figure out why she's taking this lieing down besides fear.) was told before she was even out of her first trimester that due to the size of her last baby (9 lbs, 7 oz), and the fact that she hemorraged having him, that they were going to induce her at 38 weeks with this new baby. She had to be induced with both of her children at 41 weeks because of "fetal distress" (supposedly her fluids were running low, even though her water hadn't broken in either case.) , and neither one came willingly. To me, that just means that it's natural for HER to carry longer than 40 weeks, and trying to force her body to do something it doesn't want to do nearly a month before it wants to do it has c-section written all over it to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)