Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

prefold help

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
  • 24 Replies

I'm trying to put prefolds with a snappi on my toddler and can't get them right. The snappi barely fits across his lower belly and looks uncomfortably tight.  The other problem is that no matter how I pull or adjust it, I can't get the prefold to fit snugly around his legs. I'm sure they would leak instantly because when he stands up there's a big gap.

Tips? I can post a pic if that would help.

I hope prefolds on a newborn are easier.....

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melame68
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

jelly roll fold. they make toddler snappis. are you using the wrong size?

Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Maybe?  I bought them from cotton babies awihle ago and don't remember seeing a size option.

Quoting Melame68:

tansyflower
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

so you dont use a cover??

Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I made a wool cover that I was going to try out, but it seems like it will leak even with a cover because the legs are so loose.

Quoting tansyflower:

chiarore
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM
It's easier on a newborn. By far. Do you have the right size prefold? You do have to fasten them pretty snug. Maybe find some vids on youtube ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

i always just folded by prefold in thirds legthwise and stuffed the crotch of my cover....i have never wrapped/pinned a prefold.  does the wool cover have snaps or does it pull on like a pair of undies?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I made a wool cover that I was going to try out, but it seems like it will leak even with a cover because the legs are so loose.

Quoting tansyflower:

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

My favorite way to use a prefold was to fold in thirds and place in a cover, this worked well for my babies at all ages.. :o)  If your snappi does not fit, you may need a toddler snappi.  

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting catholicmamamia:

My favorite way to use a prefold was to fold in thirds and place in a cover, this worked well for my babies at all ages.. :o)  If your snappi does not fit, you may need a toddler snappi.  

Such good info, thanks.

Melame68
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

cottonbabies. has them. its the last option. its says something like "toddler size white only" or something like that

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Maybe?  I bought them from cotton babies awihle ago and don't remember seeing a size option.

Quoting Melame68:

lifeforchrist
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM

This. Also are you pulling the sides in close enough to fold around baby like a diaper?? Make suure its snug close and attatching snappi should be easy

Quoting Melame68:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)